DJI phantom 3 standard range extender? advice wanted!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sporty.jordan
lvl.2

Canada

dji phantom 3 standard
I would like to go farther with my p3s. I was looking into moding it like with the DBS mods for the vision plus because that is basically what I am buying from them. Who has dbs mods?? are they any good? how much farther can I go? any advice at all is 100% welcome! I know nothing.

2016-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Any modifications to increase the radio range are not much good unless you also modify them for increased battery capacity. No point in flying further if you can't get back.
2016-1-1
Use props
dji_jordan
lvl.2

Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-2 09:17
Any modifications to increase the radio range are not much good unless you also modify them for incr ...

so far I have no problem with flight times or battery life. The pro and advanced versions of the phantom 3 can fly farther than the standard. As to why I was looking to upgrade how far I can fly. But thank you for your input!!!
2016-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dji_jordan Posted at 2016-1-2 12:26
so far I have no problem with flight times or battery life. The pro and advanced versions of the p ...

There is a member of this forum with whom I have established a friendship, and his interest is in long-distance flying. He has fitted his P3 with additional batteries and also range extending modifications, plus he has Sunhan WiFi boosters at the TX end, all to get the most range out of his aircraft. He may chime in here and offer you some ideas to consider.
2016-1-1
Use props
dji_jordan
lvl.2

Canada

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-2 10:10
There is a member of this forum with whom I have established a friendship, and his interest is in  ...

help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!
2016-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules