OSMO pointing 90 degrees to the right
3210 10 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pluhn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55607 ft
United States

I've had the OSMO since shortly after release and had no problem until now. Now when I power it on, it points 90 degrees to the right as if that's the forward position. I've updated the firmware, recalibrated the gimbal, removed and reinstalled the gimbal, all to no avail. Any other suggestions?
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please make sure you've locked the gimbal ring to the right position. Also, please try to do the gimbal auto calibration in the app again after power on. Please provide a screenshot of the firmware versions in the app. Camera view->setting->gerneral->about->Firmware versions. Could you please shoot a demo video to indicate your problem? Please try to spin the pan aixs clockwise and counter clockwise to the end and check whether the end locate the same distance from the center. handle.jpg
2016-1-4
Use props
pluhn
lvl.1
United States

Here's the screenshot of the firmware versions.
firmware.PNG And below is the link to the video. As you can see, as soon as you turn it on, it points 90 degrees right. It appears to have the same left and right pan distance relative to the direction it thinks is forward.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tbe1llttrws3sxq/OSMO.MOV?dl=0
2016-1-5
Use props
pluhn
lvl.1
United States

How long should I need to hold the buttons down? The camera status light goes green to red a few times like it's checking/updating firmware, then the system status light blinks green for several minutes but never goes to red. Are we talking up to 10 minutes like the firmware update?
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please try to do the gimbal reset in the app and after powering it on, try to do the gimbal auto calibration. DJI GO app->Camera view->setting->Gimbal->Reset Gimbal& Gimbal Auto Calibration.  If it's still the same, please contact your local dearler or DJI technical support for repair ASAP. I am afraid it's a hardware issue. Have you forced to pan it when it arrived at the mechanical end? We have tested that the forced pan in the end can damage the mechanical structure inside so the gimbal might deviated from the center.
2016-1-5
Use props
pluhn
lvl.1
United States

None of these solutions are working. I'll contact support and send it in for repair, then.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

pluhn Posted at 2016-1-6 22:47
None of these solutions are working. I'll contact support and send it in for repair, then.

Ok, if you have any problems of contacting the support, you can reply me here for help.
2016-1-6
Use props
ccamera
lvl.1

United States

pluhn Posted at 2016-1-6 06:47

Hi pluhn

Did you ever get this issue resolved? We are having the same issue with the OSMO pointing 90 degrees to the right.

Thanks
John
2016-3-10
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>

My osmo plus is doing the same thing...

*Update... did 2 gimbal calibrations, and it seems to be back to normal now* . Is this a software/firmware issue or mechanical?

2018-8-31
Use props
DeathlyFireKing
New
Flight distance : 76243 ft
Australia

This happened to me for a very long time, but I accidentally fixed! All I had to do was to change the shoot/scene mode to 'walk' or 'sport' mode from wear mode! Hope this fixes your frustrating problem...
2019-4-15
Use props
DeathlyFireKing
New
Flight distance : 76243 ft
Australia

This happened to me for a very long time, but I accidentally fixed! All I had to do was to change the shoot/scene mode to 'walk' or 'sport' mode from wear mode! Hope this fixes your frustrating problem...
2019-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules