New Battery FW upgrade to 1.6004v
687 3 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

I’ve read several threads on how to do firmware upgrades on new batteries, but many of them are dated referencing older FW versions, or they are conflicting. I apologize if this question seems receptive but I just want to be sure I do this right, given all the issues I’ve read related to firmware updates and battery failures.

My RC, App, and aircraft w old battery are all updated with latest FW.  Aircraft and older battery with FW version 1.6004v.
I doubt my new battery has the latest FW update since it was shipped prior to the release of 1.6004 so my question is, how do I update it with the latest firmwareof the battery,  Do I need to put the FW bin file back on the SD card, or just plug the new battery in and it will update on its own?
Any advance on how to do this would be appreciated.

2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please clear up the SD card and put the bin file into the SD card . The battery will update automatically then .
2016-1-4
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Actually, I usually keep the latest firmware on the SD card most of the time. that way it checks, and I make it a habit.

it wont hurt to keep the bin file where Patrick says to put it. all the system will do is check each time the system boots up. if all systems are up to date, it logs it and you go about your business.
2016-1-4
Use props
Tomsbird
lvl.3
Flight distance : 633901 ft
Canada

Thanks guys!
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules