Which iOS device possible for Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Promaetheus
lvl.1

Austria

Hello dear community!

First I want to say hello to everybody. Until now I fly since years with my quads and hexacopter with Naza equipment. Now I bought a Phantom 3 Professional which should arrive in 3 days. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and an iPad 4th generation (cellular and wifi without sim). It was no problem installing and setting up the app.

Now my question: I read everywhere that it is not possible to fly the Phantom 3 Professional with an iPad 4th generation. Is this really true? I dont need a high quality downstream, just want to see where i fly and what i film. The high quality film i store on the sc-card in the copter.
Is it possible to use the iPad 4th generation as written above? Or should i use my iPhone 6 Plus (quite little small for viewing) in the meanwhile and order a new ipad? If yes, is it enough to order an ipad air, cause i only need it for flying then.

Would be great if you could give me some informations. Thank you!

Greetings from snowy austria.

Alex
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please read the conpatible device list .
iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

2016-1-6
Use props
Promaetheus
lvl.1

Austria

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-7 04:38
Please read the conpatible device list .
iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible w ...

I know the list. I already read it. But as the software can be installed and the drone can be flown i was wondering if it is really possible or not. Especially when the downstream quality is set to low.
2016-1-7
Use props
betasteve
lvl.1

United States

New owner, but I've used my P3A with my ipad mini first generation (updated to iOS 9).  It did work for flight mode, albeit the camera refresh was choppy and slow (including in the cache).  It does not have built-in GPS, so obviously any intelligent flight modes would not work.  But, as of now, my alternatives are an iPad Pro or a iPhone 6.  

So, for basic line of sight flying and monitoring basic telemetry, my ipad mini has been effective.  I wouldn't use it if I needed FPV to fly or in any sort of advanced mode.  That said, it's not approved, so if I wrecked it (or if anyone reading this, and then tries an unapproved device and wrecks it), I wouldn't blame DJI (nor should anyone reading this blame me).
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Promaetheus Posted at 2016-1-8 02:38
I know the list. I already read it. But as the software can be installed and the drone can be flow ...

Please use the compatible device for your best experience .
2016-1-7
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

For the very best Phantom 3 experience, the device that works without any fault, is an iPad Air 2 64gb Cellular...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules