increasing flight time
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ibx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just ordered a phantom 3 advanced, i was wondering if i disable vps would that increase the flight time to 25 mins like it has on the standard? i dont really see why it wouldnt? other then that i dont understand why the phantom 3 standard has 2 more mins of flight time. is there other things i could do to increase flight time as well? please dont say slow movements. i know that already.
2016-1-7
Use props
FlyboyNC
lvl.2

United States

Good question. I wondered the same thing. I have thought maybe it was the additional weight of the VPS system on the aircraft. 2 minutes doesn't seem like much but it may be just enough to safely land one day.
2016-1-7
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You cant remove the VPS module. If I recall, the VPS module is where all the 4 antenna connections are. The run up the legs, through the P3 body and back down to the VPS board.
To gain the extra 2 minutes, find out how the new P34K can achieve this. It weighs 1280, same weight as the P3A/P but yet it has 25 minute flight times. Don't tell me the Lightbridge chews heaps power compared to wifi...
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

It is lighter weight....
2016-1-7
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-1-7 19:37
You cant remove the VPS module. If I recall, the VPS module is where all the 4 antenna connections a ...

The antennas run to the receiver which is up above the vps module
2016-1-7
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-1-8 11:42
The antennas run to the receiver which is up above the vps module

Well, its in that little white sonar/camera module. In other words, you cant fully strip it down to the same weight as the standard.
2016-1-7
Use props
ibx
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40938 ft
  • >>>
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-1-7 19:52
Well, its in that little white sonar/camera module. In other words, you cant fully strip it down t ...

ROFL, i ment disable the feature in the app. i thought maybe those little cameras were using more battery. i know you can turn it off under advance settings in the app. lol i wouldnt take it off the aircraft completely. but i guess some people would try ;\
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
As you can see from the comparison : http://www.dji.com/products/compare-phantom
The Phantom 3 Pro/Adv is heavier than Phantom 3  Standard . And besides the Phantom 3 Standard doesn't own lightbridge .  
2016-1-8
Use props
ksiecio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158675 ft
Poland

I can say that I can freely fly 25 minutes - DJI Standard
In minus temp. abt 20 min.
2016-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now