Firmware update: Any concerns about unwanted "improvements"?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mvgossman
lvl.1
United States

I'm always reluctant to do software and firmware updates unless there's an irresistible new feature, a concerning bug that may not have happened yet, or a blatant bug obviously. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

In the case of the Phantom 3, I'm more worried about new limitations such as a height limitation being placed. And of course, a new bug.

How much concern is there that a firmware update (or DJI Go update) will introduce unwanted limitations? Including the most recent one.

Mitch
2016-1-11
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great Q, especially on hight limitations. I have not done any updating myself because of similar concerns, let's see what people say! (I'm back on the version before they added the follow me type features...like the Solo Drone stuff)
2016-1-11
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Other threads here, now, say "1.5" causes vibrations at idle speed or hovering now...
2016-1-11
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

some people saying updating adds a ton more no-fly zones. "thanks for the info but it dose not matter any more as I am now in a no fly zone cant fly locally anymore will have to travel miles  don't up date your app at any cost"
2016-1-11
Use props
pedrono2
New

New Zealand

hi i have noticed that when i try to activate follow me mode i now get a error saying that gps is not supported on my device.  i have a note 4 and everything was going smooth a month ago.  
2016-1-12
Use props
aksummit
lvl.1

United States

Well mine is now a $1000 paperweight thanks to the No fly zones introduced on the last update.
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules