Time for some new props
985 13 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
reggy72
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well I'm now at about 37mins overall flight time and loving every minute of it. Yesterday I had the P3 in idle ready for launch when a strong gust of wind flipped it over off its launch pad onto shingle down the beach, not a scratch mind as it only fell about a foot, unfortunately the props were rotating and two shattered and the other two looked a little scruffy so I binned them and used the spare set the Phantom came with. So now I'm in the market to buy some new props but it seems their are quite a few 1st and 3rd party items out there, I'm getting a fizz for the snazzy carbon type, well because they're carbon! I've also spotted 3 blade propellers as well, being 37 minutes new to this would the wisened please advis me my best options for new propellers, what to avoid and a trustyworthy source within the UK.

Is there a search function on the forum? its not showing on my browser as I'm sure this must be about the millionth thread about props.
2016-1-11
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Look at the top of the forum page for the magnifying glass which should be magnified IMHO
search.JPG
2016-1-11
Use props
jeffmcmillan62
lvl.1

United States

The carbon props are a little quieter and much smoother than the plastic ones included. I buy them on Amazon for about $40 US.
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

jeffmcmillan62 Posted at 2016-1-11 22:29
The carbon props are a little quieter and much smoother than the plastic ones included. I buy them o ...

Aren't they cheaper from DJI?

Do they weigh any less or are they just stiffer?
2016-1-11
Use props
tayhan91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 481601 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-11 17:38
Aren't they cheaper from DJI?

Do they weigh any less or are they just stiffer?

dji has the carbon props for $16 usd. Im not sure if there is a price difference for UK though

https://store.dji.com/product/e3 ... om=related_products
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

tayhan91 Posted at 2016-1-12 06:46
dji has the carbon props for $16 usd. Im not sure if there is a price difference for UK though

ht ...

Yes, £12 for UK + £10.26 postage.  Seems unusual to buy them for $40 from Amazon if the manufacturers own are cheaper.
2016-1-12
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I've bought some carbon props, but not tried them yet.  They feel stiffer, they dont feel much lighter though.  They do however have a metal threaded screw on section rather than the OEM DJI plastic thread.  They spin on the motors lovely :-)
2016-1-12
Use props
IMI193
lvl.3

United States

quikdom Posted at 2016-1-12 04:59
I've bought some carbon props, but not tried them yet.  They feel stiffer, they dont feel much light ...

Be careful, they may spin OFF the motors lovely too.
2016-1-12
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi I received today my spare part props (DJI 9450 black carbon / compost hub) but it is still raining in the Netherlands:-(

Of course I bought them for stability etc...

(To be honest.....I just like the looks...don't tell anyone:-))
2016-1-12
Use props
Flying Poptart
lvl.3
Flight distance : 734577 ft
United States

I bought 2pr. off DJI...16.00each + 20.00 shipping ...Shipping was extreme but I wanted a real set. Theirs alot on ebay going around that state DJI but their not. I'll check the amazon out though...Amazon has superfast shipping for me too...DJI props took almost 2 weeks to get from DJI.really?
2016-1-12
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

But I want for sure "real-official" ones
2016-1-12
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

quikdom Posted at 2016-1-12 04:59
I've bought some carbon props, but not tried them yet.  They feel stiffer, they dont feel much light ...

The reason DJI dumped the metal hub is there is a chance, or I should say there is more of a chance the props will spontaneously spin off the quad when flying causing instant loss of altitude.

The P2's have metal hubs, but they have different motors so it is not so much of a problem.  With the P3's though it is a different story.  The plastic hub 'grips' the threads more tightly so less chance the props spin off in flight.
2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Flying Poptart Posted at 2016-1-12 16:44
I bought 2pr. off DJI...16.00each + 20.00 shipping ...Shipping was extreme but I wanted a real set.  ...

Yep, shipping is a bit over the top, especially when it's not fast.  Still, I'd rather wait than use some third party prop that might fly off or break.
2016-1-12
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Yep. The carbon DJI sells are awesome. Stronger and a pinch less weight. I have had a set on for quite a while now. Love them! Look at my profile pic...
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules