Need to buy a new P3A Aircraft only-No RC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

I apologise if this answer is already in the forum somewhere, but I'm kind of depressed and don't feel like searching through scores of threads.
This PM., in fact just a few minutes ago, I flew my Phantom 3A without any problems, just like always.    I wanted to get the battery down to 8% because I've read it helps to extend the battery life.
I thought I had disabled RTH and set to hover at critical battery level, but apparently I did something wrong.    I was flying the Phantom just around a meter off the ground waiting for the battery to run down, unfortunatly the aircraft happened to be under a tree when RTH (Which I thought I disabled) kicked it and up it shot like a rocket, hitting the tree and totally destroying the gimble, gimble arm, cable and camera.  The phantom seems to be OK, it will start up (without props)
in ATTI mode and seems to respond to the stick. But there could be internal damage I cannot see.

My question is, could I buy a phantom 3A without the RC?   I could use my broken one to play around with in my back yard in ATTI mode.
I figure the cost of sending in my Phantom, the cost of a new gimble, cable and camera will be quite high.  I was hoping I could buy just the aircraft alone.

I'd love to hear from a DJI rep on the forum regarding this possibility.  I searched the DJI website and could not find a P3A without the RC.

Thanks.

2016-1-16
Use props
dengaiser
lvl.1

United States

I believe I have seen just the quad only listed on Amazon, check it out.
there is all kinds of after market on Amazon
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules