Can't Connect Computer to mc controller.
8898 17 2015-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ascallan
New

United States

Phantom 2 vision +.
Windows 7.
Downloaded Win drivers, Assistant 3.6, and rc assistant v 1.2

The computer does not recognize the MC control.  I select the "phantom". Button and it asks to "connect the controller".  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times.
2015-1-1
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

More info please:
did you download and install the drivers correctly? IE with the phantom connected and on?
Do you have the two flashing lights at bottom left hand side of the vision software?
at the "mode" comment next to these does it say phantom or NAZA?
Is your controller on and charged?
Is the light on the controller green or yellowish?
2015-1-1
Use props
kev_modena
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same problems too.
My assistant is in Phantom mode and the lights at the bottom (Blue & red) these a not flashing.
My battery's are all fully charged and I can connect to the phantom via the app on my phone no problems.
The lights on the phantom are flashing yellowish
2015-1-2
Use props
nordkapph20
lvl.2

United States

As Rod said,  you must install the WIN Driver file AS the phantom is on and connected to your computer or the Assistant software will not recognize or see your phantom.
2015-1-2
Use props
Rodimus Prime
lvl.2

China

Is the issue still there? If the issue still exists, try another laptop.
2015-1-3
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

Rodimus Prime Posted at 2015-1-4 13:52
Is the issue still there? If the issue still exists, try another laptop.

Tried on mac & on Windows.

download win driver, RC System assistant (seems to always find the controller), and both versions available of the Phantom Vision 2+ assistant, but neither of those will find the controller.

same on my mac - the RC system assistant find the controller, moves the stick on the screen when I move the stick on the controller, but again the Vision 2+ software on the mac didn't find the controller.  

Me want NAZA so bad!  going to buy a new controller tomorrow to solve problem with money, but obv would like to make this one rain too
2015-1-6
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Her are some of my earlier notes which might help--- You did download the drivers with the phantom on and connected didn't you?http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D2&lang=en

Hope it helps.
Rod
2015-1-6
Use props
Phantom2Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When they say "connect to MC controller" they mean connect to your phantom, not the remote control.

RC Assistant is used with remote control connected to your computer.
Phantom Assistant is used with the phantom itself connected to the computer. Once in the assistant you can calibrate again the sticks like you did in the RC Assistant. They are calibrated in both.
2015-1-6
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

rod@voxvideopro Posted at 2015-1-7 12:03
Her are some of my earlier notes which might help--- You did download the drivers with the phantom ...

yeah, no dice.  

the same issue on mac & windows coupled with the same RC assistant but not Phantom connecting has me really scratching the head.  

Just upgraded the firmware on the drone itself, still can't get anything but "lease connect Controller" on both platforms with all drivers on the windows versions, phantom on and controller on, power cycle everything / wait 5 minutes on everything / no connect

Will check a new controller tomorrow if I can't hack this one tonight
2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bmicon@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-7 13:46
yeah, no dice.  

the same issue on mac & windows coupled with the same RC assistant but not Phant ...

Some Windows 7 don't have a certain file in place.

windows 7
try Download the usbser.sys file. and put it into C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ drivers, and then reinstall the driver.
http://download.dji-innovations. ... river/usbser-en.zip
2015-1-6
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-7 13:55
Some Windows 7 don't have a certain file in place.

windows 7

tyvm for the idea.  

tried, still "Please connect controller" on the Phantom software.
2015-1-7
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bmicon@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-8 00:50
tyvm for the idea.  

tried, still "Please connect controller" on the Phantom software.

Did you restart the computer so it could read the new system file?
2015-1-7
Use props
combatvet71
New
Flight distance : 34846 ft
  • >>>
United States

nordkapph20@yah Posted at 2015-1-2 17:37
As Rod said,  you must install the WIN Driver file AS the phantom is on and connected to your comput ...

Dude, was looking for this answer all day it seems.  I did not connect the Phantom to the computer and thought the bluetooth would some how pick up on everything so will try what you have suggested.  thanks for the post.
2015-1-7
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

1)  I, Bryan Micon, am an idiot
2) MC = THE FUCKING DRONE, NOT THE CONTROLLER
3) so obv my controller worked with RC assist but then I stupidly plugged in the controller over and over again but not the drone itself, which I learn is the MASTER CONTROLLER or MC.  

anyway, NAZA mode enabled, going to figure out tomorrow if I flip to attitude mode (aka "non-GPS mode")  that will kill this 120M height restriction I'm getting some places on the strip.  (obv no airplane issue, if an airplane is over the bellagio fountains, my drone is the least of it's worries) but I need to get that special areas whatnots removed.  Must have full control over this thing.  

tyvm for the help guys.

IMO

MC = THE MAIN DRONE

may help a few like me
2015-1-7
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

how can you fly it on the strip, wont that get you in trouble?
2015-1-7
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

bmicon@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-8 14:00
1)  I, Bryan Micon, am an idiot
2) MC = THE FUCKING DRONE, NOT THE CONTROLLER
3) so obv my controlle ...

Hi Brian, hey, not an idiot ,just making assumptions on a vertical learning curve!! we've all been there at some point. ( well I have anyway!).

So you got there in the end, glad we could help. Have fun!
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-7
Use props
bmicon
New

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-8 14:03
how can you fly it on the strip, wont that get you in trouble?

I dunno.

&   

but I'm going to collect moar footage until I find out ;)
2015-1-7
Use props
wmarkhenderson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33606 ft
United States

It's all about the Windows driver near the bottom of the downloads list on the DJI downloads page.  I uninstalled the original install of the Phantom Assistant software.  Hooked up the copter with the remote on.  Installed the Windows driver, then installed the Phantom Assistant software both for the copter and the RC Assistant, copter still on and attached to the computer.  When I started the Assistant all worked great.  I fortunately didn't need to update anything, but it was nice to see it all working and all the values showing.

Happy Flying,
Mark  
2015-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules