mattydred
lvl.1
Sweden

hi guys,

ive had a few drones a couple of years ago -

a dji f450 which i still have minus electonics which i used in a tbs disco,

tbs disco which i swapped for a yzf450 motocross bike,

tbs disco pro which i lost in 2014

dji s800 that i sold because i lost interest after loosing the disco pro.

i have now bought myself a phantom 3 pro and its been sat there in the box for 6 weeks so after i post this thread im going to unbox it and see whats what.

i was planning on doing all the latest updates on p3p, remote, batteries and ipad mini2 but after reading a few threads on here im uncertain wether to leave it as it is and fly it straight

out of the box with the original firmware that is on the p3p etc.

any advice will be greatly appreciated because if things dont go well then i think that will be me and drones finished for good.

cheers

matty
2016-1-18
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It should work right out of the box.  Do updates later.  Updates include POI and waypoints etc.
2016-1-18
Use props
mattydred
lvl.1
Sweden

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-18 17:53
It should work right out of the box.  Do updates later.  Updates include POI and waypoints etc.

thanks, i have bought an iPad mini2 to use with my p3p. is there a certain software version of the dji go ap i should use with my p3p with original installed firmware?
cheers
matty
2016-1-18
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

DJI Go App

mattydred@live. Posted at 2016-1-18 19:10
Is there a certain software version of the dji go ap i should use with my p3p with original installed firmware?

That is a great question!
In a few topics around various forums and facebook groups it seems to be incompability issues when App and Firmware differ too much in age.

If it doesn't work out of the box update to 1.6
2016-1-18
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

You will only be able to get the latest version of the Go App from Apple.  When connected to the controller and the phantom is powered up the first screen will give info on the controller and phantom firmware.  It might want to update or just inform you that update are available.  Place the phantom next to a window, with no props and wait for it to initialize.  Eventually there will be a green square top centre of the screen indicating it is safe to fly in GPS mode.  Without the props on the phantom, move the sticks to bottom inside corners and the motors should start and if they do and the weather is nice go out for a test flight.
2016-1-18
Use props
ant.1141
lvl.1

United Kingdom

i would advise updating it before you fly. alot of safety updates are in the new firmware. it will fly out of the box but i have recently been saved by one of the latest safety features in the new firmware due to cold weather. so i personaly would update it. the controller can be updated right from the controller now too on the go app. so you only need the firmware on the sd card for the phantom too update. ur call tho but i thought the same thing and didnt want to risk it
2016-1-18
Use props
mattydred
lvl.1
United Kingdom

there are 2 plastic things on 2 of the gimbal damper rubbers. are these supposed to be removed?
cheers
matty
2016-1-18
Use props
mattydred
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i think they are supposed to be there you can see 1 in this video it goes through the front right side gimbal damper. they must be there incase the gimbal dampers fail?

2016-1-18
Use props
bydand70
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mattydred@live. Posted at 2016-1-19 00:01
there are 2 plastic things on 2 of the gimbal damper rubbers. are these supposed to be removed?
che ...

no...leave the plastic things in place
2016-1-18
Use props
mattydred
lvl.1
United Kingdom

its all working as it should, no props on yet but motors arm, 11 sats, go app connects and have live video feed. I'm not going to bother with the updates after reading through some of the threads on the forum.
i'll be going out in the morning for a fly. I left the go app on the beginner default settings and will change that after a couple of close test flights.  what happens when it gets to the 30m range on the beginner setting?
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mattydred@live. Posted at 2016-1-19 09:05
its all working as it should, no props on yet but motors arm, 11 sats, go app connects and have live ...

There will be a reminder and the aircraft will not be able to fly out that range .
Please read this thread : http://forum.dji.com/thread-35181-1-1.html
2016-1-18
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

mattydred@live. Posted at 2016-1-19 09:05
its all working as it should, no props on yet but motors arm, 11 sats, go app connects and have live ...

> what happens when it gets to the 30m range on the beginner setting?

I can only describe it like the P3 hitting a soft invisible wall. And the go app saying you have reached the limit. - if you try push it beyond 30m it does not go anywhere just hovers in place until you decide to bring it back or do anything else..
2016-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules