Phantom 3 Advanced IPad Air 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mdblack98
New

United States

Just got a new Phantom 3 Advanced and have an IPad Air 2.

The cable that comes with the Phantom is micro to USB.  The RC has no USB connector, only a micro connector.  So the cable won't connect directly to the IPad.
The IPad has the lightning connector.  So I tried the cable that came with the IPad and a USB to micro adapter cable I had.
Short story is DJI GO won't connect at all.  I never get a Camera View option.
I get green light on the RC and drone showss flashing green back lights and solid red front lights.
Is there some special cable I need?  I've got an Apple-certified adapter on the way.

Other threads talk about having to upgrade the firmware but my understanding is that you can ONLY upgrade through DJI Go now.  So am I in  a chicken-and-egg scenario?

Thanks for any help
Mike

2016-1-18
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

1 - get your IPad charger
2 - unplug the lightning cable from the charger
3 - plug the usb side of the cable into the transmitter
4 - plug the Lightning end into the IPad
5 - read the manual and watch the instructional videos on the DJI site ( not sarcasm ) they are really helpful.

Happy flying
2016-1-18
Use props
Drexx3
lvl.1

United States

Use the lightning cable that came with your iPad Air 2 and plug one end into the USB port right next to the micro-USB port on the front of the RC, and the other end into your iPad.
Then read the manual(!), watch the tutorials, and register. Then finally - have fun.

2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi, Mike
Please use the lightning cable that comes with your iPad to connect RC to your device .
You can upgrade the aircraft firmware by putting the bin file in SD card . And the RC firmware is upgraded via DJI Go App .
2016-1-18
Use props
mdblack98
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-19 00:52
Hi, Mike
Please use the lightning cable that comes with your iPad to connect RC to your device .
Yo ...

The RC has only a micro USB connector.  The IPad cable is lightning to USB.  So it obviously does not fit.  Apparently DJI has decided to remove the USB connector from the the RC so the standard cable does not work (I'll try the SD card upgrade on the aircraft and see if that helps).
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

mdblack98@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-19 22:15
The RC has only a micro USB connector.  The IPad cable is lightning to USB.  So it obviously does  ...

Could please post a picture of your RC ? There should be a USB port to get the RC connected to iPad .
2016-1-20
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 04:07
Could please post a picture of your RC ? There should be a USB port to get the RC connected to iPa ...

It's virtually impossible that DJI would have made the RC completely different for you than the rest of us.  Are you positive that you purchased a Phantom 3 Advance and not some other brand?
2016-1-20
Use props
flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-20 04:18
It's virtually impossible that DJI would have made the RC completely different for you than the re ...

As others have said....get online and read the tutorials first, then when all else fails, post your issues
2016-1-20
Use props
Rob_stal
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1243038 ft
Australia

mdblack98@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-20 01:15
The RC has only a micro USB connector.  The IPad cable is lightning to USB.  So it obviously does  ...

It sounds like you have either a standard or the new P3 4K
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules