New P3 PRO that has no signal and cannot accept update
1167 11 2016-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

Well went out and bought a new P3 Pro today to replace my older unit that flew away into the desert after an upgrade on its second flight as described else where on the forum. I get the new one home and charge everything up and the Go App demands upgrades across the board and there is no signal from the AC to the controller. I attempt the upgrade from 1.1.9 to 1.3.20 and it just freezes up after two minutes. I try several more times but no luck. This all getting really old.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm your RC has linked to aircraft, format the SD card and upgrade again .
2016-1-19
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha gbrenema,

Sorry to hear about your previous fly-away.  About the new P3Pro, some others seem to be having problems when the different updates begin to conflict.  Be sure you are using contemporary updates and updating in steps where all the updates are contemporary.

What are your numbers?  The most recent updates are;

DJI Go  -  2.5.1

Remote Controller  -  1.5.70

Aircraft  -  1.6.40

When you are updating the Aircraft, be sure no other part of the system is turned on.  This can cause a conflict.  When you say the Aircraft freezes up, can you give a little more detail.  If it just seems like it is freaking out, some of us have put it in a closet and I put mine in the trunk of my car until it was done.

If this is not helpful, you may have to contact DJI.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-1-19
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-19 23:57
Please confirm your RC has linked to aircraft, format the SD card and upgrade again .

SD card formatted and I get a red no signal although it goes verbally into atti mode and says the home point has been updated at that point the update stops.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

gbrenema@ix.net Posted at 2016-1-20 15:25
SD card formatted and I get a red no signal although it goes verbally into atti mode and says the  ...

Have you tried relinking RC to aircraft ?
2016-1-19
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 00:33

Yes several times
2016-1-19
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-20 00:33

Yes several times.
2016-1-19
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please try reset your RC .
2016-1-19
Use props
willfulford
New

United States

Hi, my P3P worked flawlessly out of the box in Nov 2015, but I tried to fly last week for the first time in 2 months and ipad mini 2 would not connect via the DJI Go App (i think v2.4.1).  I could move equipment to P3S and the camera icon would immediately appear, but when I selected it I could not see video or connect to the AC menus.  The AC would fly, so RC and AC were linked.   I came home updated DJI GO on ipad to v2.6 and updated AC and batts to v1.6.  I tried updating the RC via SD, app and USB connected to the AC, but no luck.  I tried relinking the RC with the AC several times....it shows solid green status lighs on RC and AC each time.  RC controls the AC fine, just cannot connect to camera via DJI GO.  After successful updates to the AC the DJI GO will not even recognize the equipment (stuck on "How to Connect" will not show "Camera" button for any P3).  I tried different lightening cables, no joy.  Tried my iphone 5s running DJI GO 2.4.1 and was able to connect randomly one time (have tried all manner of startup/app opening sequences and cannot repeat).  I was able to see live video out the camera and entered the AC State menu.  It showed the RC needed to update to v1.3.2 and the DJI GO app no longer supported downloading/updating through the app, I should do it with an SD card using the USB slot on RC.  I tried downloading 1.3.2 and installing via SD, no update sequence on RC.  

As I said, I have tried repeatedly in several different sequences/configurations to get the iphone 5s to show live view when connected to camera with no joy.  It will recognize the P3P equipment on the iphone with 2.4.1, but only get the grey "Camera" button and "Disconnected"/black screen once I enter camera view.

Thank you for any help in advance!

P3P, Batts - v1.6
RC - unknown (but the one time it did connect it said RC needed to update to v1.3.2 via SD/USB)
Ipad mini 2 - DJI Go v2.6 (tried on IOS 9.1 and 9.2) will not recognize any P3 AC (stuck on "How to Connect" button)
Iphone 5S - DJI Go v2.4.1 recognizes AC, but after clicking "Camera" button (only grey will not turn blue) I get a disconnected/black live view screen (connected only once with live view, but cannot repeat)

2016-2-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

willfulford@gma Posted at 2016-2-5 04:15
Hi, my P3P worked flawlessly out of the box in Nov 2015, but I tried to fly last week for the first  ...

On you P3S have you reset the WiFI?
And on the P3P it could be a the USB port, you can call the support center and send it in for repair.
2016-2-4
Use props
willfulford
New

United States

Hi Ken, thank you for the response.  No, I do not have a P3S, sorry for the confusion.  I mentioned the P3S because when I first noticed the problem with Ipad mini 2 and DJI GO 2.4.1 I could only see the "Camera" button if is switched the equipment to P3S, but still no video.  P3P and P3A were both "How to Connect".  Now with v2.6 the ipad will not show "Camera" for any AC.

I have seen that some people report upgrading to the hdmi board/replacing the usb board, but I literally did not move the RC in its case for 2 months and now the USB doesn't work.....possible, but seems strange.

2016-2-4
Use props
gbrenema
lvl.1

United States

Well I returned my replacement P3P to the local shop and they confirmed the camera was dead so they gave me another which works fine. I however have older software and will not allow the DJi app to access any external cell or wifi data on my iPad mini.
2016-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules