Fixing broken gimbal on phantom 3 standard
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

I just broke my standard 3 gimbal mount and am needing help fixing it. My camera vibration absorbing board broke and I can't take it off to replace it because a gray wire is in between one of the holes on the broken board. I'm deciding whether I should just cut it because there is no other way to fix it besides cutting it. I'm not sure how important this gray wire is but it seems pretty important. My other single black wire totally split and broke but my bunch of gray wires are fine because they just got unplugged from the gimbal. Can someone please help me?
FullSizeRender.jpg
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

One word....

Dremel

More words...sorry about the crash!
2016-1-30
Use props
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

Do u have any suggestions of what I should do?
2016-1-30
Use props
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

markusalee6@gma Posted at 2016-1-30 11:55
Do u have any suggestions of what I should do?

So if I do end up cutting the wire how would I replace it?
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

If you have to remove the plate ie. if already broken, get a Dremel and cut it off, surely you must know someone with one, they have many different ends with drills, cutting blades etc. i think i have three of them now and they are incredibly handy.....
Unless i have missed something or you can post another pict from further away showing the whole enchilada....

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dreme ... 000-1-25H/203040434
Dremel.jpg
2016-1-30
Use props
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-30 11:59
If you have to remove the plate ie. if already broken, get a Dremel and cut it off, surely you must  ...

Once I cut it off, is it possible to sauder back on or would i have to buy a whole new set of wires?
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

markusalee6@gma Posted at 2016-1-31 03:57
So if I do end up cutting the wire how would I replace it?

oh, you want to cut the wire...hmmm...thought you wanted to remove the plate....which is what i would have used the dremel for...if it is broken, you will likely have to remove it anyway....

Can you post a larger pict with all the pieces as they are sitting now....

Depends on your tech skills, you can buy replacement wires at ie....http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/ufl-connector.html, i have done this to one of my RC's when i added a long range kit to it...if you are not comfortable, maybe have to send it in or to a drone repair place would be my next best recommendation...

If it is a ufl type wire, it is kind of a mini coax or antenna and not just as simple as a solder....will need to know what the two ends are like and you may be able to find one on line that is already together, just have to snap them back on....be careful...they are real tiny and can be bought in varying lengths...

UFL.JPG
ufl-1.JPG
2016-1-30
Use props
markusalee6
lvl.1

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-30 12:05
oh, you want to cut the wire...hmmm...thought you wanted to remove the plate....which is what i wou ...

Here is a bigger image

FullSizeRender(2).jpg
2016-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

I would get onto youtube or google with some specifics to narrow down a search, you will find a video or two for sure that may walk you through the proper removal process,
you can also try www.phantomhelp.com as you may be able to find all the parts you need there as well.
there are some good recommendations for drone repair shops on that site as well and listed near the very bottom of the page...
2016-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules