Phantom 3 Advanced not upgrading firmware since purchasing
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good Afternoon

I am literally pulling my hair out with fustration at trying to do a firmware update on my recently purchased Phantom 3. my app is constantly telling me that the aircraft,battery and camera needs upgrading. I have followed the instruction from the DJi site but to no avail. my aircraft doesnt seem to read any SD card I install with the firmware on. I have tried the last 3 updates that have come out incase I have to do it in order. Also a concern was going to the Dji site then into support then phantom 3 doest have any software listed. but if you search for new firmware you get a page with 3 versions on it 1.6.0040 1.5.0030 and 1.3.20

As i said I have tried all 3 as I cant tell what version my phantom is at. I am hoping I wont have to take it back to where i purchased it and get a replacement but its looking more likely unless there is anything I am missing. Any tip or ideas would be appreciated

Cheers

Steve
2016-1-31
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Steve,
With your P3, it's a good starting place to see what current firmware you're running. The GO App has an ABOUT menu under General Setting that will tell you the firmware version for each component. The P3/RC/GO App all need to be powered on...

The alert message is telling you that you have an older version and is suggesting that you update to the latest version which is 1.6.0040. Sploodge has an excellent tutorial thread at http://forum.dji.com/thread-37122-1-1.html
Please take a look at it, and follow the details -> such as taking the BIN file out of the downloaded ZIP file. Things that don't make sense, post back to the forum and we'll get you updated!
2016-1-31
Use props
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks Terry, that was awesome and the phantom 3 is updated ! I guess the link i used for the firmware was broken or something as the link in the video's firmware worked first time

Steve
2016-1-31
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, Terry, tutorial you suggested is great indeed!
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules