P3 firmware update help!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

i have  A p3s and i dont know what firmware i am on and what is the newest update and how to update it.
ps i did see a pop up on dji go once saying  new update or something but i ignored it.
any help would be appreciated
2016-2-17
Use props
jrdorr
New

United States

Jordon, I just purchased a Phantom Adv so I am in the same boat as you. Having worked for IBM for 50 years I am always suspect of any SW or firmware updates and do not plan on updating the firmware until I fully understand pros & cons. First in DJI GO there is a “ABOUT” that will tell you what version you are on now. In my case DJI GO=2.6, aircraft = 1.19+ and Controller = 1.26+. If you look on DJI site they have three firmware versions you can download. 1.3, 1.5 & 1.6. On a DJI support chat they told me to upgrade aircraft to 1.6 and controller to 1.5. They said it was ok if they were at different versions. However you have to go through each release – according to them – so you would upgrade aircraft to 1.3, then 1.5 then 1.6. For controller you would upgrade to 1.3 then 1.5. They also told me to de install DJI GO after and reinstall. There is a “Firmware Update Guide” on their site you should look at also. Good background but not complete story.
2016-2-17
Use props
jordan_pilot
lvl.2

Canada

jrdorr Posted at 2016-2-18 10:13
Jordon, I just purchased a Phantom Adv so I am in the same boat as you. Having worked for IBM for 50 ...

thank you jrdorr!
that was very helpful and i will do that!
2016-2-17
Use props
z5.zonefive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24298 ft
United States

once you upgrade the firmware to 1.3.2, if you want to go further, you can go right to the version you want.  you don't have to do 1.4, and 1.5.  you can jump to 1.6 from 1.3.2
on the R/C once you do the drone, you will do the firmware OTA through the Go siftware.  It will automatically download and install the newest version which is 1.57

I STRONGLY recomment that you downlaod the manual, and watch the video's of how to do the firmware updates, as there are steps to follow.
2016-2-17
Use props
jrdorr
New

United States

z5.zonefive Posted at 2016-2-17 18:14
once you upgrade the firmware to 1.3.2, if you want to go further, you can go right to the version y ...

Thanks Z5. Do you have to update the aircraft once for each battery or is the firmware just part of the aircraft? Also do you recommend the firmware upgrade? Thanks.
2016-2-17
Use props
z5.zonefive
lvl.2
United States

jrdorr Posted at 2016-2-18 02:12
Thanks Z5. Do you have to update the aircraft once for each battery or is the firmware just part o ...

as long as you leave the BIN file on the SD card, the batteries will update when you put them in.  you will see the light flash on the camera gimbal.  It only takes a minute or 2.  then when it turns solid green again, it will be done.

On upgrading, I've read a bunch of opinions.   I left mine on 1.3, because I don't care about 2K video or the follow me etc stuff.  1.4 gives you all of that.  Most people say that 1.5 is horrible, and seems that 1.6 is 50/50 good/bad.  Mine does what I want on 1.3 so I haven't changed it.  1.6 does give you better cold weather battery performance.
2016-2-21
Use props
jrdorr
New

United States

z5.zonefive Posted at 2016-2-21 20:21
as long as you leave the BIN file on the SD card, the batteries will update when you put them in.  ...

Thanks Z5 so what happened to 1.4 it is no longer downloadable from DJI site? Thanks.
2016-2-22
Use props
z5.zonefive
lvl.2
United States

jrdorr Posted at 2016-2-22 19:11
Thanks Z5 so what happened to 1.4 it is no longer downloadable from DJI site? Thanks.

I don't know why they pulled it.  Its out there in several places.  I'm not sure what links I can post on here with stuff like that.
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules