Maintenance after flying near/over the ocean?
1400 5 2016-2-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
not the drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529547 ft
United States

I live near the beach, and do most of my flying near or over the ocean...wondering if anyone has any tips on special cleaning or maintenance...best practices after flying? I check the battery connections regularly, no signs of corosion...but other than the occasional wipedown wondering if there is anything else I could be doing.

Thanks!
2016-2-18
Use props
imagines.and.wo
lvl.2

Croatia

Thinking abut humidity i would make sure that after every flight device gets as dry as possible.

But in general i would say it should be fine just with reasonable maintenance.
2016-2-18
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
United States

That's true...maybe I'm too concerned about the salt
2016-2-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-19 12:15
That's true...maybe I'm too concerned about the salt

If you fly frequently in an atmosphere full of salt spray, there's not much you can do about it.
The damage would mostly be done inside the Phantom
2016-2-18
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

In the northern part of the state, a little south of the OR line, fog carried tons of salt.  I don't know it is the same in the south or not, but if you park anywhere within several miles of the water, I'd inspect closely for salt caked on the surfaces.  My vehicles always collected quite a covering of dried salt on windshields, etc., when parked in the fog.  At minimum, I'd wipe it down very carefully with a clean damp rag after every flight.  Even then, a film of salt on the circuit boards inside could eventually be disastrous.
2016-2-18
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-18 19:22
In the northern part of the state, a little south of the OR line, fog carried tons of salt.  I don't ...

Thanks! Good idea
2016-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules