Need yaw arm set screw!
2782 20 2016-2-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

I had to repair my gimble after a crash, I purchased a new ribbon cable  and managed to replace it following an excellent You Tube tutorial.
Reinstalled the gimble and it worked, but the camera would not return to  center without a nudge from my finger and made a buzzing noise.
I checked and noticed that the yaw arm set screw was loose and tried to  tighten it...It would not tighten.  I managed to finally remove it but  the screw head was damaged so much the torx / hex socket was rounded  out.   While trying to find a solution I managed to lose the damaged set  screw.

I can buy a new yaw arm, ribbon and set screw on e-bay for 49.95, but I  really don't want to pay US $50.00 for just a freakin' set screw!
Does anyone know where I could purchase just the set screw?  Or tell me  what size and thread the set screw is so I can try to find one?

Any help will be MUCH appreciated!  

2016-2-21
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

Someone else posted this link, they seem to have any part you need or could tell you what screw to get.
http://shop.atkdrones.com/
2016-2-21
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

snowsurferss Posted at 2016-2-21 12:12
Someone else posted this link, they seem to have any part you need or could tell you what screw to g ...

Thanks.   I couldn't find just the set screw, but I did send them an email asking if I could purchase just the screw.

Thank you, I do appreciate the info.
2016-2-21
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

You can buy a complete screw set, I can't recall where or how much. I bought one a while back for my P2's incase I lost any screws.
http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... ji+phantom+3+screws

2016-2-21
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-2-21 13:48
You can buy a complete screw set, I can't recall where or how much. I bought one a while back for my ...

The screw set doesn't include the screws for the gimble or the camera, just the aircraft itself.

Thanks though!
2016-2-21
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Try this seller on ebay.
fstop.lads
He seems to have all the gimble/camera bits.
2016-2-21
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529547 ft
United States

Based on this ebay listing for a 3D printed gimbal repair kit for the P3P – I believe the screw you are seeking is the "M3x4 set screw"

Available on Amazon

Or I believe this one from Fastenal is the same...Lowes sells set screws but I couldnt find the M3x4...Home Depot sells this, but the photo is not right so I'm not sure that I'd trust it? But it is only .37.

Good luck!
2016-2-21
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-22 04:07
The screw set doesn't include the screws for the gimble or the camera, just the aircraft itself.

Maybe a bit over kill,  but this should have it

http://www.amazon.com/M3x25-Stai ... 2&keywords=M3x4

Used to buy these back in my Nitro truck days...screws would always vibrate loose.
2016-2-21
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-21 15:24
Based on this ebay listing for a 3D printed gimbal repair kit for the P3P – I believe the screw you ...

Thank you not the drones!  That seems to be the one I need, I just ordered it from Amazon.  And thank you again for your time looking that up on e-bay and Amazon!   

2016-2-21
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-2-21 15:43
Maybe a bit over kill,  but this should have it

http://www.amazon.com/M3x25-Stainless-Steel-He ...

Thanks SVTRay but the screw I needed isn't a cap screw, it has no head because it has to screw into the threaded hole in the arm.
Thank you very much for your time looking that up for me though.  
2016-2-21
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-21 17:57
Thanks SVTRay but the screw I needed isn't a cap screw, it has no head because it has to screw int ...

Good luck finding what you need. I needed one of the tiny screws for the back of the camera that dji forgot to put back while at repair. DJI wasnt interested in helping get a new screw.I ended up going to a local jewelry store.The owner searched through a container of old clock parts to find me one that fit.
2016-2-21
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-2-22 08:09
Good luck finding what you need. I needed one of the tiny screws for the back of the camera that d ...

Say no more folks, I have the fits all solution.

http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-5 ... rds=plastic+jb+weld
2016-2-21
Use props
not the drones
lvl.1
Flight distance : 529547 ft
United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-21 14:54
Thank you not the drones!  That seems to be the one I need, I just ordered it from Amazon.  And tha ...

No problem! Let me know if it works out!
2016-2-21
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Elmer Fudd Posted at 2016-2-21 19:09
Good luck finding what you need. I needed one of the tiny screws for the back of the camera that d ...

DJI sells the screws for the aircraft, I really don't see why they don't sell them for the camera and gimble assembly.  
Do they just want us to send our cameras and gimbles to them for repair?
2016-2-22
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

SVTRay Posted at 2016-2-21 21:07
Say no more folks, I have the fits all solution.

http://www.amazon.com/J-B-Weld-50132-PlasticWel ...
Believe it or not the thought had crossed my mind.  Problem is, it would be a one shot repair, if disassembly were needed at some future time it just couldn't be done.  

But if all else fails.....

2016-2-22
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

not the drones  Posted at 2016-2-21 21:52
No problem! Let me know if it works out!

I'm leaving this post up in case someone else needs the same screw.
I'll post here if they work.  And thanks again, I hope I can help you sometime!
2016-2-22
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-22 17:56
DJI sells the screws for the aircraft, I really don't see why they don't sell them for the camera  ...

I dont know what they expect. The phone tech support even suggested i try looking at a local hobby store.  They were the ones that lost it yet i was supposed to go out of my way to find a replacement.
2016-2-22
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Latest update:  ATKdrones are sending me a set screw free of charge, they're not even charging me for shipping & handling!  My faith in humanity has been given a boost by all the help and advice I've received from you guys on the forum and of course ATKdrones!  I hope I can pay it forward!

Thanks Everyone!
2016-2-22
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-23 08:30
Latest update:  ATKdrones are sending me a set screw free of charge, they're not even charging me fo ...

Congrats...thats totally cool of them!
2016-2-22
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-2-22 17:30
Latest update:  ATKdrones are sending me a set screw free of charge, they're not even charging me fo ...

Awesome of them! I will definitely give them my business!
2016-2-22
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Thanks to not the drones I ordered and received the set screws from Amazon (I haven't received the one from  ATKdrones yet, but I'm sure I will)

Anyway, I have about 18 extra set screws for the yaw arm, if anyone needs one PM me with your address and I'll be happy to mail you one.
2016-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules