Propeller spin
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexlapo
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi all, noticing something unusual with my P3S, when it is stationary on the ground and I start the propellers they should just spin at a consistent speed if I leave it and don't touch the remote they start to speed up as if it will pull off the ground a little I get a little worried and just pull down on the left RC stick and shut the propellers off, surely this isn't right? Any help?
2016-2-21
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That will most likely be the baro getting some data and the P3 responding to it a little.. Could alos need an IMU but I think the baro readings.Ideally you never want the P3 idling on the ground too long, either take off or power down..
2016-2-21
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

That normally doesn't  happen.  It WILL happen if you land it and let it keep running, but normally shouldn't when you just start up and idle.  Did you calibrate the remote?  The idle speed after startup is considerably lower than it takes to lift off.  
2016-2-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-2-22 09:07
That normally doesn't  happen.  It WILL happen if you land it and let it keep running, but normally  ...

I agree with AGON-Gary, it sounds like you have lifted off and landed again. If you simply start the aircraft in idle mode it will not try to lift off.
2016-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules