DJI Inspire Protection Plan
1488 7 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bleach.e46
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

have read something about the new Care Protection Plan: DJI Care Protection Plan

Is DJI also providing DJI Care für the first DJI Inspire 1 or just the V2.0 version?
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

please refer to this link
http://www.dji.com/support/djicare
2016-2-22
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just the inspire v2, insurance premiums are based on statistics gathered over the course of time, with that in mind it looks to me 1 out 4 phantoms sold are a complete loss within the first year the inspire v2 are around a 1 out 6 total loss in the first year.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-2-23 23:36
Just the inspire v2, insurance premiums are based on statistics gathered over the course of time, wi ...

Do you mind if I ask where your statistics are coming from?  Most people are satisfied with their drones and just aren't coming to the forums... I don't have data about this, but I believe it's far from 1/4 and 1/6.

2016-2-23
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry Tim I was was speaking in general, some care protection plans are based on worst case scenarios I'm sure that 1 out 4 phantoms are not going to crash but if you base it on that there's plenty of profit to go around. the protection plan for the beginner drone is more percentage wise because beginners stand a better chance of damaging there drone thus using the protection plan.
2016-2-24
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
Iraq

Will you cover the inspire pro with the x5?
2016-2-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-2-25 13:04

According to the Literature at DJI "

Is DJI Care available for products besides the Inspire 1 V2.0 with the X3 gimbal camera and the Phantom 3 series?

"Currently, DJI only provides DJI Care for the Inspire 1 V2.0 with X3 gimbal camera and the Phantom 3 series. DJI Care for other products will be available in the future."
So  the answer is No, not at this time.

There is a lot of fine print :  for example you can have your aircraft fixed as many times as you like during the warrenty .  BUT.....

Fine Print  :  They will only cover the cost of the repairs up to  $3,099 of the purchase price of the aircraft.  One crash will eat up most of that, at least 80% the way i read it.

From DJI Literature :

How many repairs are covered by DJI Care?

"DJI Care does not limit the number of repairs. You can repair your drone until the total amount of the repair fees exceed the coverage amount, except in cases where the aircraft is completely damaged ". Total amount of coverage : On the one year coverage is 3,099.

Also the Transmitter , batteries, Props, are  Not Coverd.  
Example  based on the 1 year plan for Inspire 1.

2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dopeytree Posted at 2016-2-26 03:04

For the Inspire, the plan covers the V2 X3, and not the Pro.
2016-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules