7803 43 2016-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Artiks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 979964 ft
Portugal

Hey guys, today was an horrible day.

Our company is filming a showreel of the aerial services and today we met the guys at Boavista F.C. to film some shots of the stadium.
Guess what?? 30 seconds after take off the drone pops-out a no-fly zone and lands. Can you imagine my reaction in front of a possible client?

I know there are a lot of threads here but I couldn't find a solution. Can I disable this red spot? Why a stadium is a red no fly zone?? The owners want me to film there and I'm not able to do that.
I really can understand that in the airport but stadiums and other places? No...

DJI should take some action in order to give us the permission to disable some of the spots. There is no point in restricting professionals with the actual permissions to do some kind of flights.

Any thoughts? How can I get the unblock of the zone if the stadium already gave me permission?

Oh and by the way... I've seen our airport with a no-fly zone circle in the website....but in the app there is no circle, neither yellow or red. Hm...
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you test the GEO Beta you will be able to do this. Update your Android device to 2.4.4 and the aircraft to 1.7.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

If you have an IOS device, then you can email beta@dji.com and ask for 2.4.4 for IOS.
2016-2-22
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 05:14
If you test the GEO Beta you will be able to do this. Update your Android device to 2.4.4 and the ai ...

Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your quick response! As always, this forum provides amazing support between every of us. I hope others with the same issue find this post.

Cheers!

( I read my post again and it can seem angry, it wasn't the intention I'm sorry. I was just a bit disappointed, nothing serious )
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-23 05:20
Hi Ken,

Thank you very much for your quick response! As always, this forum provides amazing suppo ...

No problem, install it and unlock zones. Also make sure you will have cell coverage where you go. If not you can unlock zones from home. For work I would do it that way anyways as part of my preflight planning for a job.
2016-2-22
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 05:24
No problem, install it and unlock zones. Also make sure you will have cell coverage where you go.  ...

I'm seeing the updated map.

There is no restriction in the stadium I tried to fly today. The area is green instead of red. If I update the app and firmware it should correspond to the same info that I'm seeing correct?
2016-2-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-23 05:43
I'm seeing the updated map.

There is no restriction in the stadium I tried to fly today. The are ...

Yes, that is what you will see when you are at the stadium if you are on app 2.4.4 and 1.7 on the aircraft.
Here's some instructions I wrote last week.

Instructions for GEO Beta app download onto Android          device (currently only available for Android) If you have IOS, email Beta@DJI.com

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock

2016-2-22
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 06:17
Yes, that is what you will see when you are at the stadium if you are on app 2.4.4 and 1.7 on the a ...

Do you know how long it takes until they reply to our e-mail?

Thank you =)
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-23 21:50
Do you know how long it takes until they reply to our e-mail?

Thank you =)

Are you talking about for IOS?
If so, I don't know how long it would be.
2016-2-23
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 23:07
Are you talking about for IOS?
If so, I don't know how long it would be.

Yes, I wanted to know how long it could take to them to reply to our e-mail to get the 1.7 Firmware and the beta for IOS Geo App.
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-23 23:10
Yes, I wanted to know how long it could take to them to reply to our e-mail to get the 1.7 Firmwar ...

The 1.7 firmware is available NOW and it's in the link I gave you.
On the right side are the firmware downloads.
2016-2-23
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-23 23:34
The 1.7 firmware is available NOW and it's in the link I gave you.
On the right side are the firm ...

Yes I know it is there but the link is not working, at least here..I'll wait a little bit, thank you ;)
2016-2-23
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-24 00:14
Yes I know it is there but the link is not working, at least here..I'll wait a little bit, thank y ...

I am able to download the 1.7 zip file for all 4 aircraft.
You should be able too.
2016-2-23
Use props
smxyue
New

China

Hi, did you said that your aircraft  lands to ground in a place where no no-fly restriction  in app?I think it's a self-control action for no_fly zone function, what I mean is : if your droid has no restriction data there , it will fly freely without a effect of outside status: even there is! am i wrong? I read someone use metal pieces  covered GPS to avoid location detection, this is why I think it's a self-control function!
2016-2-23
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

smxyue Posted at 2016-2-24 08:46
Hi, did you said that your aircraft  lands to ground in a place where no no-fly restriction  in app? ...

Hi Smxyue,

I don't know if i really understand what do you meant. Let me try to clarify for you.

1. I tried to record a stadium here (the app seemed normal).
2. I took of with a few sattelites in Atti Mode because there was no enough GPS but when I've reached the center of the court the sattelites went up, the GPS mode activated and the RED circle activated a NO-FLY area and the aircraft landed.

After that I wasn't able to take off anymore. I saw the rest of the map and other stadiums were RED too. (but surprise surprise, the airport didn't have circle! aha)

Later I went to DJI forums and news and to the  GEO App page and in the newest maps the stadiums are not even yellow, they are green. That's why I want to update and I want to control all my filming spots since we are a multimedia company and we need certain places for the clients.

Btw...I wouldn't put metal stuff covering GPS...even if it can avoid location detection, It is a bit dangerous for the rest of the aircraft functions.

Cheers.
2016-2-24
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-24 00:41
I am able to download the 1.7 zip file for all 4 aircraft.
You should be able too.

Advantages of being a web designer...check all browsers ahaa.
Firefox bug ;) though, Chrome works like a charm.

To install the 1.7 firmware can I do it via MicroSD? Because the newest documents always say to update via GOAPP, at least the most recent firmwares.
2016-2-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Artiks Posted at 2016-2-24 23:56
Advantages of being a web designer...check all browsers ahaa.
Firefox bug ;) though, Chrome works l ...

I posted the instructions are posted earlier.
The 2.4.4 Beta app can only be downloaded from the Beta page below.
And yes, the 1.7 aircraft firmware can also only be downloaded from the same page.

Here are the instructions again.
Instructions for GEO Beta app download onto Android          device (currently only available for Android) If you have IOS, email Beta@DJI.com

Uninstall the GO app from device: Go to settings, Applications, Application manager, find GO app and uninstall.
Installing 2.2.4 GEO Beta app: Go to DJI Geo webpage http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Click on Android Beta Version APK, Agree to terms and it will then download
Go to  My Files, in Recent files click on the DJI app icon and it may say “Install Blocked” click on settings (if you get a different error then go to settings and scroll down to “Lock Screen and Security” Under Unknown sources slide the button to ON. Then go back to the DJI icon in My Files and then tap the icon and click agree and then the new 2.4.4 GEO Beta version app will open.

You also have to install the 1.7 firmware for your aircraft from the same DJI link. (only available for the P3 Pro/Advanced and Inspire.
When you get to the flying site, if it’s an Authorization Zone you can unlock providing a credit card or mobile phone number (using cell will send you a text message with a code)
You can also unlock from home ahead of time by using the map page and you can unlock up to 30 zones and they will be unlocked for 72 hours.  http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-2-24
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-25 00:16
I posted the instructions are posted earlier.
The 2.4.4 Beta app can only be downloaded from the Be ...

Of course, sorry my bad.
2016-2-24
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3093517 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Hello guys ,
what about the No-Fly zones ???
I leave near a Class B airport in a small island in Greece and i can get authorization to fly near the airport when it is closed ..
Is ir possible to by pass that ? I tried with beta but it not worked!!!
2016-2-27
Use props
Nestor.r.me
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 13:14
If you test the GEO Beta you will be able to do this. Update your Android device to 2.4.4 and the ai ...

Ken -

I have emailed beta@dji.com for he ios version and no response. Any advice?
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2016-2-27 23:46
Hello guys ,
what about the No-Fly zones ???
I leave near a Class B airport in a small island in Gr ...

Look at this map and see if the GEO Beta app is available in your area . If the airport is in a yellow zone, then downloading 2.4.4 to your Android device and 1.7 on your Inspire, Phantom Pro or Advanced will allow you to fly at the airport.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Nestor.r.me Posted at 2016-3-1 07:44
Ken -

I have emailed  for he ios version and no response. Any advice?

What is your email?  I will send an email to them inquiring about it.
2016-2-29
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-1 04:30
Look at this map and see if the GEO Beta app is available in your area . If the airport is in a ye ...

There is no signs at all for the whole area of Greece... Expected when ?
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2016-3-1 13:32
There is no signs at all for the whole area of Greece... Expected when ?

I'm not sure when the Beta app would be available in that area.
Just keep an eye on the webpage for updates.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock
2016-2-29
Use props
Artiks
lvl.2
Portugal

Nestor.r.me Posted at 2016-3-1 07:44
Ken -

I have emailed  for he ios version and no response. Any advice?

Hi nestor,

I've been really close to the latest news and I guess it is not available yet for iOS. (DJI answered I had to wait a bit more)
I've heard that some people are testing the beta but I suppose that is a closed group of testers.

Hope it comes out really quick!

Good flights!
2016-3-4
Use props
dalippe
lvl.1

Ireland

I live beside the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland. The No-fly zone is massif and comes to 10 meters from my front door, i can fly from the back garden away from the stadium, however, yesterday the craft landed for some unknown reason (i was low flying [30meters] and i think it entered the no fly zone and decended) in my neighbors back garden, and i had to embarrassingly go knocking on his door and retreive it. It hit a tree on its decent, and broke two props. This is a feature that is stopping me enjoy my local area and I think the no fly zone for the stadium should be half the size. I do not mind it being a no-fly zone, but its too big and its causing me a problem.
2016-3-15
Use props
jocamero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577487 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 15:14

Hi Ken, what are the plans for the Phantom 4?  I live near a baseball stadium and my home is occasionally in an FAA imposed *temporary* no fly zone.  DJI makes this area a constatnt NFZ.  Currently, my Phantom 4 is useless at home.  I can't even fly indoors!

My understanding of the FAA rules are, you can't fly an hour before or after games.  That makes sense.  Most of the time, especially in winter when there aren't baseball games it is completely legal to fly.  Currently there's a DJI imposed red circle many many blocks around the largely unused stadium.

I've tried to use the 'advance unlocking' website, and the stadium isn't even restricted on that map!

This really needs to change.  Either make the NFZ temporary, a much smaller size, or allow the ability to request a permanent override for nearby residents.

I have no interest flying *over* the stadium.  I want to take off nearby and leave the area.  I have access to a nearby roof with amazing line of site, but it's about 50 feet in this arbitrary DJI imposed NFZ.
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jocamero Posted at 2016-3-17 23:29
Hi Ken, what are the plans for the Phantom 4?  I live near a baseball stadium and my home is occasi ...

You have 2.4.2 GEO Beta app on your device and 01.07.0043, 63, 51, or 21 on your aircraft correct.

Can you post a screen shot of it showing red on your app or on the map from the website?
2016-3-17
Use props
jocamero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 577487 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 09:46
You have 2.4.2 GEO Beta app on your device and 01.07.0043, 63, 51, or 21 on your aircraft correct. ...

I don't see a beta firmware for the Phantom 4 on the site you linked.  No response from beta@dji.com regarding a beta iOS app.

Running the iOS app v2.7.1.
Aircraft:  v01.00.0288
RC:  v1.5.80

App:  
2016-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jocamero Posted at 2016-3-18 00:36
I don't see a beta firmware for the Phantom 4 on the site you linked.  No response from beta@dji.co ...

Sorry, i read your post too fast.
Since the P4 was just released, the 1.7 GEO Beta firmware is not available for it yet.
So if you have a P3 you can do it with your app on 2.4.4
if it becomes available for the P4, there will be a download on the Geo page.
2016-3-17
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-17 19:04
Sorry, i read your post too fast.
Since the P4 was just released, the 1.7 GEO Beta firmware is not ...

Dear all , after install the beta firmware, i noticed sudden lost of satellites from 15 to 5 and getting in Atti mode. Almost crashed 2 times.
How can i get back to the official firmware ?
Any specific guide or just install the new released official firmware ?
2016-3-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

nikolaospaschal Posted at 2016-3-27 02:06
Dear all , after install the beta firmware, i noticed sudden lost of satellites from 15 to 5 and g ...

I'm sorry you experienced that, where were you attempting to fly?
Also, how did you almost crash twice, when GPS signal is lost the aircraft goes into ATTI mode and drifts with the wind. Were you unable to control it?
And I don't know why the GEO firmware in your aircraft would have done anything to the GPS signal.
Which aircraft do you have and which 1.7 firmware did you install as there is a different firmware package for each aircraft.
2016-3-26
Use props
nikolaospaschal
lvl.4
  • >>>
Greece

I was flying in same place as always in my island .I am near the no fly zone but for sure out of the circle . Somehow i got on my screen that i am flying in a forbidden zone.
The satellites as i said got suddenly from 15 to 5 and it got to ATTI mode , but there was some wind and if i didn't have quick response the inspire 1 would crash to the trees.
The situation is that i installed 1.7.0.90 and still have the same issue....
2016-3-26
Use props
Phantom Menace2
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-22 22:14

Dear Ken,
I am running the beta ios app unlimited. i have applied for the unlocking on the website (after registering etc). I want to unlock the Aviva Stadium in Dublin, i live beside it. The stadium comes up in yellow on the dji website and i have unlocked it here, and it says its valid, but in red in the ios app. i cannot unlock the area at all through the app and fly in. please help, i live right beside the stadium and my flying in severely restricted.
also the unlimit function in the general settings of the ios unlock app cannot be switched on, its just greyed out.

Capturegeo.PNG
plans.PNG
ios unlimited.PNG
2016-4-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Menace2 Posted at 2016-4-6 04:47
Dear Ken,
I am running the beta ios app unlimited. i have applied for the unlocking on the website  ...

As far as I know, the IOS is not available and not operable yet if you have it. I had it but not anymore.
They did say IO will be available soon.
So perhaps that's why you cannot get it on IOS. Please try a Android device and it should be fine.
2016-4-5
Use props
Phantom Menace2
lvl.1

Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-5 22:20
As far as I know, the IOS is not available and not operable yet if you have it. I had it but not a ...

Thank you for clarifying that.
2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Phantom Menace2 Posted at 2016-4-6 19:36
Thank you for clarifying that.

No problem, an Android device that works very well and inexpensive is the NVIDIA Shield K plus it also has screen recording. Bur IOS also does with Air Shou.
2016-4-6
Use props
Adam_pl
New

Poland

I have a big big big problem with NFZ. Next week I have to fly over Olympic Stadium in Wroclaw, Poland. It is a construction site, nothing happend there for last two years, but it is still No Fly Zone. I applied for iOS beta app (so far zero response), but as I browse this forum I have serious doubts that the Beta will help with anything.

On www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock there are ZERO No Fly Zones over Wroclaw or Poland, but in DJI GO there are plenty. Only in Wroclaw there are three (two stadiums and airport) red marked NFZs. As I understad I can't unlock any zone if it's not avalible on DJI geo map? What can I do in this case? Is there anything I can do?

IMG_0343.PNG
2016-4-20
Use props
Adam_pl
New

Poland

Anyone? Ken?
2016-4-22
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

My only suggestion since the iOS is not available yet for public is to borrow an Android device and install the GEO app.

2016-4-22
Use props
Adam_pl
New

Poland

I've already applied two times for iOS Beta and still no response from DJI
2016-4-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now