Techniques
616 5 2016-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Good Afternoon

I have been seeing some awesome work on here and the control over the drones is first class. Can I ask do most people learn to fly by just practice, practice, practice or were they trained. I especially love the way people fly round and up an obstacle (say a lighthouse) but keep the camera on the point of interest all the time by rotating the aircraft as it goes up.. I seem to be very jerky in my flight and would love to get smooth, my drone does seem to suffer with drifting though despite the latest firmware etc... but then again it could just be me !! Any cooments greatly appreciated..

Steve
2016-2-23
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Drifting, while hoovering?  Calibrate everything or fly when its less windy.

Reading the manual, watching tutorials, flying, reading the manual, watching tutorials, flying....and so on...thats what I am doing.

A steady hand, changing some settings, making the sticks longer.....practice and you can fly round an obstacle....you could try it with the course lock on and see how you go.

Good lucks !!!
2016-2-23
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Practice & use POI's, waypoints, coarse lock & home lock to free up some head space for filming.
2016-2-23
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm still on that steep learning curve with regard to being able to "climb" and move the camera smoothly.  Practice, practice, practice...
2016-2-23
Use props
foxy-stoat
lvl.2

United Kingdom

QuadBart Posted at 2016-2-23 15:55
I'm still on that steep learning curve with regard to being able to "climb" and move the camera smoo ...

I found adjusting the EPO down and extending the stick made for smoother more controlled slow yaw paning while climbing.
2016-2-23
Use props
stegates
lvl.1
United Kingdom

foxy-stoat Posted at 2016-2-23 15:44
Drifting, while hoovering?  Calibrate everything or fly when its less windy.

Reading the manual, wa ...

Thanks mate, just been reading an article on using the ground station function which should help, only notched up 5 hours flying time so far so very green ! the fact it is always windy at the moment hasn't helped !
2016-2-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules