3023 17 2016-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

not working

not working

Anyone have had any problem installing the HDMI output module?

I have tried to installed it, its easy for sure but somehow for me the module is not working?

When i have it like this the USB port is giving charge and video signals to the ipad on the Dji Go app, but when i have put on the HDMI output module the white plastic cover, the USB is not working, its not giving out any charge and no video, the HDMI output will not work also. So i guess the module itself must be defective or any idea?

2016-2-27
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

I tried putting one on my controller.  The controller would not work at all - would not even connect to the quad, until I took it off and put the original board back on.  So I guess it is possible it is defective.  Mine is sitting on the shelf behind me.  I use the HDMI out from the tablet I use to fly.
2016-2-27
Use props
solsystem7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you check in the image transmission settings that "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI" is enabled?
2016-2-27
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2016-2-27 20:27
Did you check in the image transmission settings that "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI" is ...

there is no "Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI" function in the dji go. i dont have it, not on auto, not on custom channel settings. ?
2016-2-27
Use props
thumb
lvl.4
United States

If everything works when the cover is off but not with it on, maybe there is a short in the HDMI connector on the cover so when you put it on, it shorts out the whole board or maybe there is a bad solder joint and when you put the cover on it pushes on the board causing an open connection. Just guessing.
2016-2-27
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

12773107_10205823816384120_1619597807_o.jpg

Anyone that can confirm that this one is defect if anyone els got the same package that might have been damaged somehow?

2016-2-28
Use props
Cece
New

France

Phantomen3 Posted at 2016-2-28 11:06
Anyone that can confirm that this one is defect if anyone els got the same package that might hav ...

I have the same probleme ! I bought this used HDMI module has an individual. This HDMI module is not old. The first owner bought it February 20, 2016.
I just asked him the box with the number of series.Pending. I'll keep you informed

best regard
2016-3-27
Use props
wtfrazier
lvl.1

I am having similar problem.  Watching this thread for more info.
2016-5-19
Use props
wtfrazier
lvl.1

Same problem.  Put on white cover and no connection etc.  Take off white cover and all is fine.  Would like to know what is causing this? Obviously it is something when attaching the white cover to the HDMI board.
2016-5-19
Use props
Dvlingo
New

Canada

Phantomen3 Posted at 2016-2-28 02:06
Anyone that can confirm that this one is defect if anyone els got the same package that might hav ...

I have exactly the same problem  with the HDMI module I just purchased with exactly the same part number as shown above anybody figure out what the problem is?  When the white cover is plugged on
2016-7-22
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Same same problem for me.  Must be a bad batch of these 99 $ items.
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Dvlingo Posted at 2016-7-23 11:25
I have exactly the same problem  with the HDMI module I just purchased with exactly the same part ...

Have you ensured that the cables and the board are seated properly? There may be pressure from the backing causing the issue or the cables may not be secure enough..
2016-7-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-7-23 12:44
Same same problem for me.  Must be a bad batch of these 99 $ items.

Could you please refer to post #12
2016-7-22
Use props
Dvlingo
New

Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 22:38
Have you ensured that the cables and the board are seated properly? There may be pressure from the ...

Yes I have ensured that the connections are connected  properly  with any pressure anywhere  on the ribbon cables with no luck if so as soon as the white plastic cover is put on, the video signal is lost! through USB to my iOS  it's actually when the HDMI plug in cover makes contact with the socket  is when it loses video and communication signals to the drone.   green light is still lit on the remote controller ,  tried for firmware update but controller is not connected tso the go app doesn't work   Also tried to update through assistant software with no luck    This appears to be a defective unit  no way to give it firmware update    I have installed the original part and it works fine   Tried reinstalling part 54 same problem
Thx
Kenneth
2016-7-23
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-22 22:38
Have you ensured that the cables and the board are seated properly? There may be pressure from the ...

Mine worked fine for about 6 months,  then failed completely.  As long as the cover,  which has the Hdmi circuitry in it,  is on,  the usb port does not work.  Remove cover,  usb port works.
2016-7-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dvlingo Posted at 2016-7-24 07:18
Yes I have ensured that the connections are connected  properly  with any pressure anywhere  on t ...

That is definitely odd. If you are within range of a return/exchange, then I would recommend doing so. If that is not possible, then the North American Support Center would be able to assist you with a replacement as well.
2016-7-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-7-25 01:48
Mine worked fine for about 6 months,  then failed completely.  As long as the cover,  which has th ...

Have you looked into a RMA via the North American Support Center as well?
2016-7-25
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-7-25 13:45
Have you looked into a RMA via the North American Support Center as well?

No,  as I understood the warranty was only 6 months?
2016-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules