Lost control Phantom 3 Pro
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ed
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386017 ft
United States

On my 30th or so flight I noticed immediately after launch I had no control of my Phantom.  After I got it to the altitude I wanted it kept drifting farther and farther away.  When I activated rth mode I was getting no response.  I deactivated and reactivated rth mode several times with no response from the aircraft.  My iPhone 6s+ would indicate that it was in rth mode but it actually was not working.  The p3 pro just kept sailing away in the same trajectory.  The only response I had was spinning it around and altitude.  I couldn't just bring it down because it was over a lake.  When it flew out of sight I have to my car and drove into the direction of the drone until I regained sight of it.   Somehowit to fly more than 10 mph.   I managed to land it but could not get the motors to turn off.  I set the transmitter down and attempted to pick Droney up to pull the battery out of it.  It suddenly try to take off and I tried to catch it I cut my finger and it crashed. What in the hell do you think what what this thing?
2016-2-27
Use props
JockC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 459416 ft
Australia

As with all these types of problems, you may need to post some actual flight log files in order that people can make any sensible predictions as to what happened.

A couple of quick questions about the flight:-
1. Are you sure that you were in P-GPS mode at take off?
2. Did the drone announce that it had registered a home point when it took off?

The drifting suggests that it may have been in ATTI mode but the logs will provide  more information
2016-2-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1
United States

How can I post the flight log?  1. Yes. 2. Yes.   I did switch to atti mode a few times to see if that would help me regain control of the aircraft.
2016-2-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Without data people will only be guessing.
Go to HealthyDrones.com, follow the instructions and upload your flight record there.
Post a link to the HD analysis and you'll find out exactly what was going on.
2016-2-27
Use props
ed
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the info.  I'll take your advice and do that.  I'm not going to attempt to fly this drone again until I know it's in good working order.  I guess I'll be contacting Dji Monday and get some advice from them.  After it landed it tried shooting back into the air and out of reflex I stopped it with my bare hand and cut two of my fingers.  The the p3p flipped over with the props in full motion.  Unbelievably there is no visible damage and the drone appears to b functioning normally with the props off.  The app is showing all is well but I don't trust it.
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm sorry for your accident.
Here's how you can get the logs and have DJI review them to see what happened.
You can start a ticket from support and include the Dropbox link.
http://www.dji.com/support
HOW TO GET DAT FILE FROM AIRCRAFT
To get the DAT files you power up the aircraft, controller, app. Go into MC settings, then Advanced settings, then enter flight data mode, connect the Phantom to your home computer via USB post (on the aircraft, not the gimbal)
You'll hear the Phantom beeping and it won't stop until all the flight records are copied onto your computer.
Use the DJI Pilot app to enter "Flight Data Mode".  

1. Click the top right corner of the main screen to enter the settings menu.
2. Choose the blue highlight icon to enter the MC Settings menu.

3. Select Advanced Settings.
4. Select "Enter flight data mode".

There will be a prompt that tells you to connect the Phantom 3 via USB cable and you will be in flight data mode.
A drive will show up on your computer that contains a log file for the most recent times you have turned on your 

Only upload the last flight with the issue to Dropbox.

2016-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules