Video Downlink Appearing GREEN! DOES NOT RECORD THIS WAY
2042 16 2016-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

Hi,

Looking for anyone that has expierenced the issue I'm having. I store/transport my DJI Phantom 3 Pro in a GoProfessional Hard Case.

Ths weekend, removed my P3P from the case, assembled and did standard start-up proceedure. Flying with iPad Air 2.

All working properly until I connected iPad and tried to access the "Camera" via the DJI App. Screen looks normal but camera downlink is broadcasting GREEN! Please see photo.

Uninstalled App & reinstalled. Updated all firmware for P3P, no luck fixing issue. 2nd step was to remove gimbal and unplug/replug in each cable. No luck. Tried new iPad cable, again no luck.

I believe it is a cable issue but hoping to find someone who has seen/experienced/solved this issue before. Video does NOT record with same green hue so is clearly a downlink issue of some kind. Does NOT appear to be a camera issue.

Any suggestions would be apprecaited.

Green Downlink for Video.

Green Downlink for Video.
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Looks like a problem  with the gimbal flat cableYou also can try to reconnect the 8 pin cable on the gimbal board and see if it solves the issue or not
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Egads!  You've been SLIMED!!!
2016-2-29
Use props
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 20:27
Looks like a problem  with the gimbal flat cableYou also can try to reconnect the 8 pin cable on the ...

Have tried disconnecting and reconnecting gimbal cords... Think next step might be to order a cable set and replace them.

2016-2-29
Use props
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-2-29 20:53
Egads!  You've been SLIMED!!!

lol Who should I call?
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

Phantom Busters??
2016-2-29
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

UNITED STATES
+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)
2016-2-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-2-29 23:52
UNITED STATES
+1 (818) 235 0789
Mon-Fri 9:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

LOL,,Tim,  While I'm sure he appreciates the phone number for support,  My 1st comment was a reference to the comedy movie "Ghostbusters".  You been Slimed!  His answer was from the theme song: he paraphrased "Who you gonna call"?  

Unless of course all that was a mere coincidence,  in which case,  nevermind.
2016-3-1
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-1 17:41
LOL,,Tim,  While I'm sure he appreciates the phone number for support,  My 1st comment was a refer ...

ohh hahah, yeah i missed that
2016-3-1
Use props
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-1 01:48
ohh hahah, yeah i missed that

haha appreciate the help Tim. I called support this morning and they've set me up with a return shipping label.

Kneepuck

Just worried as I've heard Carson, California is where Phantoms go to never return... Hope to see ya again soon 'ol girl.
2016-3-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

diamond1717 Posted at 2016-3-1 10:59
haha appreciate the help Tim. I called support this morning and they've set me up with a return sh ...

Lucky for me,  thats far far away.
2016-3-1
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

Kind of curious about this one, it's the first I've seen of this kind of problem. It would almost seem to be more like a problem between the app and the tablet.
2016-3-1
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

I actually get a sort of similar screen when I first connect the device,  but it lasts only for about half a second and usually has red around it.  But after that,  its fine.  Say,  just out of curiousity,  have you tried a different app?
2016-3-1
Use props
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

Username Here Posted at 2016-3-1 13:00
Kind of curious about this one, it's the first I've seen of this kind of problem. It would almost se ...

Haven't seen anything online anywhere about this issue. App has all the normal colours as does every other app on the iPad. Even the controls/menu options aren't green it's just the streaming from the P3.

Will update when I hear back from DJI.
2016-3-1
Use props
diamond1717
lvl.1

Canada

Got my machine back from DJI today & they have replaced the Camera free of charge. I believe the warranty was up on my unit as it was purchased last July but they didn't charge me so?

Now I just can't seem to get the UV filter off the new camera to swap it out with one of my ND filters. Not sure why it'd be so stuck, any advice?

2016-3-15
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

diamond1717 Posted at 2016-3-16 11:19
Got my machine back from DJI today & they have replaced the Camera free of charge. I believe the war ...

This has been raised many times. The filter is probably not on all that tight, but the trouble is when you grab it with your fingers, you squash the filter and it grabs on the threads. The trick is to grab is as lightly as possible, trying not to squash it. Others say that wrapping a large rubber band around it helps to undo it.
2016-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

diamond1717 Posted at 2016-3-16 08:19
Got my machine back from DJI today & they have replaced the Camera free of charge. I believe the war ...

Glad you got a new camera at no charge, and yes the three finger spaced evenly around the lens cover makes it easy to remove. Just don't squeeze too tight.
2016-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules