Galaxy Note 10.1
4121 4 2016-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi there guys,
just wondering if anyone here flies using Galaxy Note 10.1. If so, could you give me an idea about how it works?
I´m almost 50 yo and my eyes are not as they used to be when I was 20 yo. I fly with Galaxy S5 and I was thinking on getting a Nvidia Shield K1 (8"), as S5's screen is a bit small for me now...
But yesterday I just tried flying with my 9.7" iPad 4 and I felt so much better being able to see everything on the screen (lol) that I decided to take a look at a bigger android device. I´d rather stick to Android platform because of Litchi App, the one I use as my GS app. Besides, Galaxy Note also has GPS and GLONASS, way better than my iPad (and it´s much cheaper too, at least here in Brazil).
Any hints will be appreciated.
Cheers
2016-3-2
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It's not in our official supporting list, so we can't assure you the compatibility.  
2016-3-3
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

No, it will not work.
I recently sold my Galaxy 10.1 for $250 and purchased an iPad air 2 for $630.., which will hopefully resell for $250-$300 in 5 years time.

It's best to buy the latest tablet IMO, then resell in 5 years to upgrade again when needed. I do the same with motorbikes because they hold their value well.

$6000 for '08 Honda
Or $10,000 for 2012 Honda.., which will resell for $6-7000 in 5 years.
Then I just sell, and upgrade. It only cost $3-4000 to have the newest model.
2016-3-3
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2
Brazil

Thanks for the replies.

DJI-Amy and Kit Walker, I used the wrong (or "general") name that I call Samsung tablets (my mistake). In fact, Galaxy Note 10.1 was one of the first of their tablets and too old and slow. The real thing I´m considering is Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" (Octacore), the newest version available in Brazil.

Kit Walker, why didn´t you try the newest Samsung tablet (just curious, as I´ve got an iPad and prefer Android these days).

DJI-Amy, where is the compatibility list available (I couldn´t find it on the website)? Is Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" (Octacore) compatible?

Cheers
2016-3-4
Use props
Sebb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 498199 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Tab S2 works fine. It's also got 4:3 screen which works better than 16:9 IMO, because the video feed is less overlayed.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules