Battery indicators colours
1707 5 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jennings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

In the last few flights using my number 1 battery I have noticed that the battery voltage level indicator on cells 1 and 3 in the DJI GoApp momentarily go yellow instead of green while flying, particularly if I use full throttle up.
This battery is 6 months old, has had 23 charges and up until now performed well.
As it had been charged 23 times I did the discharge to 8%, waited till it cooled then fully charged it. The battery voltage levels are now 4.28, 4.32,4.31,4.32.
This morning I took it for a test run in ideal condition, no wind.
When using full throttle the bar graphs on cells 1 and 2 momentarily went into the yellow. None of the other cells did this remaining in the green. Before the 8% discharge recycle these cells did go into the red very occasionally under full throttle. Air temperatures during flights have been about 20C.
My question , is this battery on the end of its safe life? Should I ask for an exchange since it is only 6 months old and been charged 23 times. It hasnt been neglected in any way and has been stored inbetween flight sat about 50% charge. There is no swelling or discolouration.
I am worried that towards the end of a long flight in windy conditions this battery might be the cause of a shutdown and crash. I do not usually use full throttle because I use the Phantom for photographs and video.
Any help appreciated. I do have 4 other batteries of the same age and use and they all perform well.

2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

If the voltage different is less than 0.1V, then it's within the normal range, please try to fully charge the battery before flight, and don't always use the full throttle at the beginning since the battery has not been warm up, the full stick might cause the voltage drop quickly, try to check the battery info page, and hover the aircraft to see whether the voltage recover itself after your full throttle.
2016-3-4
Use props
jennings
lvl.2
Flight distance : 221414 ft
Australia

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-3-4 19:46
If the voltage different is less than 0.1V, then it's within the normal range, please try to fully c ...

Thanks for that Amy, the battery does recover after full throttle and i have started to monitor the battery info page more often.
Thanks again.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jennings@vision Posted at 2016-3-4 18:06
Thanks for that Amy, the battery does recover after full throttle and i have started to monitor th ...

If it can recover, it means it's caused by the full throttle, so you battery is normal. You can turn on the voltage display on the camera view, you can set it in the battery info interface.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Did you try to perform the discharge again? is it still the same?
2016-3-4
Use props
pangwu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241798 ft
Hong Kong

I have this. Is it normal? Why turns into yellow colour? I have another battery having similar situation but only on 1sr cell

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wc6jf1p209cwanl/Photo%2025-3-2016%2C%203%2003%2036%20PM.png?dl=0

2016-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules