Some ESCs are not compatible with 2312 motors can cause crash
4116 12 2015-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lpabmendez
lvl.1

United States

Per DJI's "2312-ESC DJI compatibility chart" some New Version Phantom 2s were shipped out with what seems to be the wrong ESCs.

It states that the "phantom may unstable in the air and crash" if it has the wrong ESCs with the new 2312 motors.

According to the compatibility chart, my phantom has the incorrect ESCs.

DJI... can you provide clarification on this? Is a fix in the works? Is it a ESC software or hardware imcompatibility?

Pablo Mendez
lpabmendez@gmail.com

ESC compatibilty Chart

ESC compatibilty Chart
2015-1-8
Use props
lpabmendez
lvl.1

United States

Here is a link to pictures. Showing incompatible ESCs on my new Phantom 2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eos4v ... Dolm-uVMyD0eRa?dl=0

2015-1-8
Use props
bloah
lvl.2

Canada

I bought Phantom 2 V2.0 past november and on the ESC white sticker it DOESN'T say v2.0.

Moreover, on my second flight, during landing and minor tip over one of my ESC's went on fire. Clearly there is something wrong with non 2.x ESC shipped with original Phantom 2 v.2..

DJI what are you going to do about it?

Please man up and address the issue!
2015-1-8
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

lpabmendez@gmai Posted at 2015-1-9 07:09

https://www.dropbox.com/s ...

Have you contacted dji?
2015-1-8
Use props
lpabmendez
lvl.1

United States

I have just sent an email through their support page. I also sent facebook message, they asked which Phantom I have, waiting for response.
2015-1-8
Use props
paul.email
lvl.1

lpabmendez@gmai Posted at 2015-1-9 10:59
I have just sent an email through their support page. I also sent facebook message, they asked which ...

Just received my Phantom 2 directly from DJI, all my ESC boards have no version number on them as well. I am afraid to fly it until I get an answer regarding this. I have sent an email as well to DJI.
2015-1-22
Use props
rdc44444.email
lvl.4

United States

lpabmendez@gmai Posted at 2015-1-9 07:09

https://www.dropbox.com/s ...

Im confused. Are all the photos related to the same P2V+?  According to one of the photos you have version 2 and not version 3.  As far as I understand the esc problem is related to esc's that are not labeled 2.1 for verion 3 models only. You have a 2.0 version???
2015-1-22
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

rdc44444.email Posted at 2015-1-23 01:50
Im confused. Are all the photos related to the same P2V+?  According to one of the photos you have ...

What he said. The v3.0 P2V+ is the model with the new motors and speed controllers as well as the gimble wheel on the radio. V2.0 still shipped with older motors ans escs did it not?  

My understanding is that they make an upgrade kit with the new components for older models...
2015-1-24
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

rdc44444.email Posted at 2015-1-23 01:50
Im confused. Are all the photos related to the same P2V+?  According to one of the photos you have ...

Simple to clear up if you have the new stronger motors that come in the phantom 2 vision plus v3.0 then you should only have the esc that on the white lable says v2.1 otherwise its the wrong esc.
2015-1-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Version 2.0 of the Phantom 2 = Phantom 2 Vision + version 3.0. At least as far as the motors and ESCs go.

My Vision+ v3.0 has no label on the ESCs, but DJI-Dboy here on this forum said that he checked with "plant" and found that my serial number indicates that I actually have v 2.0 of the ESC. He said that, despite the labels on the ESCs, all of the Phantoms with 2312 motors have at least v2.0 ESCs.

Yeah, I know. But that's what he said.
2015-1-25
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

MacCool Posted at 2015-1-26 05:21
Version 2.0 of the Phantom 2 = Phantom 2 Vision + version 3.0. At least as far as the motors and ESC ...

Dji boy doesnt no squat I have been in touch with dji they flat out told me unless it says v2.1 it is the wrong version esc for the new motors that are on v3.0
2015-1-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-26 05:38
Dji boy doesnt no squat I have been in touch with dji they flat out told me unless it says v2.1 it ...

Yeah. Maybe. It's hard to parse out just who all at DJI doesn't know squat.
2015-1-25
Use props
cedricsaveuse.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133629 ft
Indonesia

Hi all,
Try to fly for the first time in a few days today and found out my one month old v3 has a busted motor. SN is ph645465921, if anyone can help with finding out if it has a wrong esc/motor combo. It was bought end of December in Indonesia.
Am not sure what to do now to be honest as I have never soldered anything myself...
2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules