camera tilt does not work
11096 31 2015-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ccase39
New

United States

Phantom arrived yesterday and I got the assistant and everything downloaded along with the app. Took it out today and had two good flights and took some good video but the tilt on my camera would not work. Videos came out great just no tilt. I got it home and plugged it in to the assistant software and checked the gimble settings and they were on. the light on the camera flashes a steady green (greenish yellow). also inside the app when I have it on camera I can see what the camera sees but on the top right it says no satelites and 0% battery. I have ensured batteries are all full.
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Do you have the tilt wheel on the top left corner of your transmitter?
2015-1-9
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
Flight distance : 11380554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Got the same problem!!

Received my P2 v2.0 yesterday and built it w/H3-3D gimbal and so today.
However, the "tilt" function almost doesn't work at all (very little up or down movement), and it also goes always back to the starting position, in particular the same angle.

Help or advise much appreciated!
2015-1-9
Use props
ccase39
New

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-10 11:43
Do you have the tilt wheel on the top left corner of your transmitter?

No its the old style. only vertical tilt through vision app. I have the Phantom 2 vision not the vision plus.
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Try this,  it seems to work for me.
093139rmq5ycusimuss1yb.gif
2015-1-9
Use props
ccase39
New

United States

yea I don't have that controller. I have the regular vision model with the 2d gimble. Only way to tilt the camera is through the vision app while you are in camera mode
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ccase39 Posted at 2015-1-10 12:00
yea I don't have that controller. I have the regular vision model with the 2d gimble. Only way to ti ...

I've never handled the Phantom 2 and not to experienced with that one.  Hope someone with experience will jump in to help.
2015-1-9
Use props
IIIMIII
lvl.1
Kuwait

Same problem here, it was tilting just fine using the app, but then I dunno what happend, I got the camera view but no response when tilting up or down!
2015-1-9
Use props
youngphoto
lvl.1

United States

I had an issue with the tilt when I first calibrated the RC with the RC Assistant. (P2V+ 3.0, Mac)  When I was doing the initial calibration I moved the two sticks through their range of motion, but I DIDN'T move the tilt wheel.  When I then switched to the Phantom Assistant, and activated NAZA (I recommend doing this from the beginning.) the camera tilt didn't work from the dial on the RC.  To fix it, I hooked up the RC to the RC assistant again, and redid calibration this time MAKING SURE TO MOVE CAMERA TILT WHEEL THROUGH FULL RANGE OF MOTION.  After finishing the calibration and then doing Phantom Assistant again the camera tilt worked fine.  (Be sure to remove the gimbal lock..  I have to get a remove before flight flag for that thing, I've turned it on before removing the gimbal lock a few times on accident.)  Good luck, hope this helps.
2015-1-10
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Well, I updated all the FW of the Phantom and the RC. Then I changed the "gains" settings of the RC from 30 to 0 degree, and suddenly everything works fine!

My test flight, watch it here:

2015-1-10
Use props
ccase39
New

United States

jenseser Posted at 2015-1-10 19:04
Well, I updated all the FW of the Phantom and the RC. Then I changed the "gains" settings of the RC  ...

sThat setting is in the software for the Rx?
2015-1-10
Use props
jenseser
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

ccase39 Posted at 2015-1-11 01:54
sThat setting is in the software for the Rx?

Yes, you can do it in the software of both P2 and RC
2015-1-10
Use props
qassimooov
New

Oman

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-10 11:56
Try this,  it seems to work for me.

man
u really help me

that  calipration
fix my new v3
tilt wheel problem with the new transmiter big thanks
2015-1-15
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Glad it works,  Happy Flying!
2015-1-15
Use props
bgarrett81.emai
New

United States

I have a similar, but different issue.  I can (sometimes) get my gimbal tilt control to function while on desktop.  Then I walk outside, calibrate compass and now the gimbal tilt is inactive.
I've had gimbal control, but at 10 feet away, loose control.
How do I make a reliable connection?
2015-1-24
Use props
ch.aerovision
New

Peru

Have the same problem on my PH2V+ 2.0. I update firmware 3.8 and them the tilt camera dont work and dont have the battery level.I have the Basic RC.
Any solution?

2015-1-27
Use props
ronnydsosa.emai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

The problem is with the APP.  Nothing wrong with your P2V...  Just wait for DJI to Update the camera firmware or update the app again... STOP misinforming people...
2015-1-27
Use props
phil.toledoaeri
lvl.2
Flight distance : 432713 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I had the same issue with my iOS App auto updating and my camera tilt all of a sudden not working. I found that my RC assistant needed an update and after calibrating it worked again. Hope that helps, worked for me.
2015-2-3
Use props
capt742000
lvl.1

United States

I was not able to get my tilt wheel to work, even though I was calibrating correctly. What I was not doing was to calibrate the controller using the DJI RC System Assistant_1.2 and then calibrating the controller again using the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8 again. I was only calibrating the controller once. The tilt wheel works now. Thanks.
2015-6-2
Use props
Nbx33
lvl.1

United States

would that fix this issue
http://forum.dji.com/thread-17748-1-1.html
2015-6-4
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
United States

2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

I tried calibrating  the wheel in rc assistant 1.2 and then with vision 3.8.
dont see where in vision 3.8 the wheel for the camera is to be calibrated.
the wheel still doesnt work.

not sure what I am dong wrong.
2015-6-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

icemanfred Posted at 2015-6-6 20:44
I tried calibrating  the wheel in rc assistant 1.2 and then with vision 3.8.
dont see where in visio ...

Did you try the manual calibration as suggested by Gerry in a previous post on this thread. It worked for me. After you do the manual calibration, then do the RC assistant calibration.
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

Okay just did the manual calibration, followed by the rc callibrations, followed by the  vision + 3.8.

the wheel still does not move the camera
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

does the droen have to be in flight for the camera to be controlled by the wheel?
2015-6-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

icemanfred Posted at 2015-6-6 21:53
Okay just did the manual calibration, followed by the rc callibrations, followed by the  vision + 3. ...

When you have the Phantom connected to the assistant software with the controller on, look in the assistant and make sure you have it set to the correct type of controller. I can't remember what it says. upgraded, I think for the thumb wheel version.
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

yeah , I saw that. I had it set to that one
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

I cant get the camers to tilt useing the app either
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

found this video:

not the exact model.
but in the vision assitant program I have under the advanced there is no gimabal tab.
I dont see anywhere in vision assistant where you can see the movements of the camera wheel.
when I calibrated in the rc assistant I could see the numbers changing when i moved the dial.

cant figure out what is wrong.
2015-6-6
Use props
eddy
New

Belgium

finally, after more then 45 days searching for a solution of the gimball I found a solution that worked for me. I tried everything I found on the internet except hardreset. At first the gimball was not responding to the gimball wheel on the remote, but it worked to move the gimball with the app. After doing serveral firmware re-installation nothing worked (gimball wheel and via app). The last thing I did was to first manually recalibration of the remote (without pc). After that it was still not working. Then I went back to the R/C software 3.8 and did there a recalibration of the wheel again. Suddenly everything works again (wheel and app). I'm very happy I found the solution after a very  long time ...
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

while in rc assistant the calibration instructions say to select "stick mode" first.
I dont see any other mode.
I have it set to mode 2 because mode one shows the throttle being on the right.
but both modes 1 and 2 are for the sticks.

I see the values moving for x1 when I move the wheel.
there is a drop box there that is set to Null. the other options are channel 5, 6 or 7.
I dont see any other callibration that involves the camera wheel.
2015-6-6
Use props
icemanfred
lvl.2
United States

finally got it working. thanks for the instructions of using the two programs to calibrate.
2015-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules