P3 Advanced Lens UV Filter cover that comes out of the box
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

Does anyone know any tricks for a stuck screw on out of the box UV filter on the Advanced?  I just got mine in the UPS today, and I have tried some serious muscle on that cover to put a filter on it, and that thing is not budging!!!!  Any DJI team members welcome to respond please!  Thanks you!
2016-3-17
Use props
mrGREEK360
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236414 ft
Canada

Rubber gloves and all your might. Lol
2016-3-17
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

mrGREEK360 Posted at 2016-3-18 12:10
Rubber gloves and all your might. Lol

lol  thanks
2016-3-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The trick is not to try hard. It is actually not on all that tight, but when you grip it hard, you squash the ring and cause it to grab. Try wrapping a wide rubber band around the ring and then pull on the band instead of grabbing it. If it is still too tight,, rubber gloves and spread your grip around the outside evenly.
2016-3-17
Use props
scoob100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163983 ft
United Kingdom

Had the same problem and found the trick was to grip the filter as close to the front as possible and relatively lightly, once I did that it came off easily.
2016-3-18
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

scoob100 Posted at 2016-3-18 20:29
Had the same problem and found the trick was to grip the filter as close to the front as possible an ...

yeah.. it hasn't budged, and i'm a pretty athletic guy.. it's the darndest thing...  how long did it take you to get it off?  is it regular lefty-lossy?
2016-3-18
Use props
scoob100
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163983 ft
United Kingdom

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-3-18 15:11
yeah.. it hasn't budged, and i'm a pretty athletic guy.. it's the darndest thing...  how long did  ...

Spent a long time wrestling with it, trying rubber bands, gloves etc and it just wouldn't budge. Read this tip from someone else, tried it and it came off easily first time. It does screw counter clockwise. The way I did it was support the back of the camera, hold the very front edge of the filter as though you were trying to push the camera backwards (to ensure you are effectively gripping the front edge of the filter) and turn gently counter clockwise. Worked for me but may have been a coincidence.
2016-3-18
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

dustinjohn2 Posted at 2016-3-18 15:11
yeah.. it hasn't budged, and i'm a pretty athletic guy.. it's the darndest thing...  how long did  ...

As Geebax says, you don't want to use force to grip the filter on its diameter.  As you grip the thin filter ring harder to apply more force you're distorting it, causing it to bind.

Using a rubber band or gloves means you don't need to grip the filter so tight so it's easier to turn.  Pressing down on the face rather than squeezing the diameter as above, also helps.
2016-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules