Phantom 3 SD Card wont initilize
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
steve.andrews
New
Flight distance : 50033 ft
Australia

I was trying to do the latest firmware updatefor the Phantom 3 professional, however, when I inserted the SD Card it does not initilize and does not hense does not update the firmware. Something has happened that means it cannot read any SD card inserted into the aircraft SD slot. I have 2 SD cards that have previously worked with the aircraft, and I have tried both of them but both will not initialize.
If I turn on the Aircraft only with the SD card inserted, the Gimble disconnects and goes limp. I think the whole camera module does not start properly.

I have also turned on the RC with the aircraft (SD card removed) and the DJI Go App indicated "No SD Card" correctly ( Airplane and RC start up without error with everything working properly). But when a SD Card is inserted it goes "SD card initializing" but just stays that way. I have left it like this for 20 mins to see if it would eventually work but it does not.

I have investigated the SD Cards and reformatted 1 of them as a test but it does seem clear that the issue is with the SD card reader in the aircraft ( or how the software interacts?).

Has anyone had a similar problem or ideas on how to fix? I have spend several frustrated hours trying to get it to work.

Is there a way to reset the camera module so that the SD slot will work again?

Regards Steve
2016-3-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I am not sure if this will work under those circumstances, but try to format the card in the aircraft using the Go App. If the card worked before, then it may be failing now because you formatted it in another computer. What type of computer did you use to format the card and what format did you use?

Just for future information, it is always best to format an SD card in the device that is going to use it, because that device knows exactly how to do the format, whereas you have a choice of several methods, all except one of which are wrong.
2016-3-18
Use props
steve.andrews
New
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-18 17:04
I am not sure if this will work under those circumstances, but try to format the card in the aircraf ...

Thanks Geebax.

1 SD card I reformatted in windows to the exFAT file system. I only did it because nothing else was working.

The other I have not done anything to. It is the same as when it worked before.

I have tried to use the DJI app to format the cards but unfortunately it always fails. It recognizes when i have no SD card inserted and it attempts to initalise when i put one it but it never actually gets that connection working.
2016-3-18
Use props
steve.andrews
New
Australia

steve.andrews Posted at 2016-3-18 17:33
Thanks Geebax.

1 SD card I reformatted in windows to the exFAT file system. I only did it becaus ...

Persistence has paid off.

Turns out it was some sort of loose or bad connection in the SD card reader.

I was a little rough and wiggle the card while inserted and the connection came good.

Formatted the card via the app and it now it is updating the firmware.
2016-3-18
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

steve.andrews Posted at 2016-3-18 20:48

Turns out it was some sort of loose or bad connection in the SD card r ...

That's a good outcome.
2016-3-18
Use props
DiGodFada
New

Jamaica

steve.andrews Posted at 2016-3-18 04:48

Turns out it was some sort of loose or bad connection in the SD card r ...

I am having this same issue with my P3 4K, i am unable to change any settings in the camera; i can control the camera and see live view but is unable to record to the memory card. Please note i can connect to the SD card with the computer with the gimbal but after doing so and put the firmware on the SD card, it don't seems like it working.

Please see video below of the problem i'm having with my P3 4k, Thank for your help

2016-12-1
Use props
zart
New

Singapore

steve.andrews Posted at 2016-3-18 17:48

Turns out it was some sort of loose or bad connection in the SD card reader.

just asking, is there any blinking green light before u notice the fault?
2016-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules