P4 - Strange Engine Sound...
1025 6 2016-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Hello all,

I testet the P4 for the first time today - WOW what a machine...the sport mode is insane
However, I heard a new high frequency buzzing sound (impossible to explain) from aircraft, seems to be from the engines. I have never heard this on my P3A. This strange sound is present all the time, if nobody can understand what I am talking about, I need to record it, and post the video.

Anyone hear that the engine sound is different than the P3? - can anyone hear a high frequenty "pitch" sound...dont't know how to explain this sound...perhaps it's the downward facing sonar or something....I don't know...
2016-3-18
Use props
edbighi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Yeah, we all have that sound on throttle up. It's from the propellers which are different from the phantom 3. It only makes that sound when the props are on
2016-3-18
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

Hey Thacyoon,

Had the same strange sounds when throttle up (without Props). I guess it's from inside the P4? Looked and tried to observe if it's coming from the motors but i heard nothing special on all of them.
To be clear, i don't know what it is...
2016-3-18
Use props
Thacyoon
lvl.2

Norway

Right, thanks for the replys, I appreciate that. Good to know this new sound is normal. I have checked everything, upgraded everything, inspected every inch of the P4 and, all it's acsessories, and all is 100% perfect...so this new sound kinda made me a little suspicious. To me it sounded like a bad engine bearing, or a bearing with no grease in it (trying to explain the sound here).

I must say that everything about the P4 is super top notch quality. Everything, every little detail is perfect and professional. It hovers dead still in the air, even with strong variable wind. One small "not perfect" thing I noted was when going full speed in sport mode, relasing the stick, the aircraft auto brake - then it decended about 1-2 meters below the (horizontaly) course. Trying to explain: After the auto-braking (in sport mode), it hovered - but then descended about 1-2m under the horizontal flight envelope every time (hope I explained this ok).

If others react to a new "strange" sound, please post it so we all know it's normal. Any mods (Ken, Tim, Amy?) can confirm this new "sound"?  

EDIT: Regarding the camera, I have not testet it - and I bought the P4 for the tech, speed, dual IMU, dual compass and because it is pure sexy - the P1/P2/P3 looks like they are from the middleages compared to the sleek lines of the P4
2016-3-18
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

patou72 Posted at 2016-3-19 05:57
Hey Thacyoon,

Had the same strange sounds when throttle up (without Props). I guess it's from insid ...

" I guess it's from inside the P4? Looked and tried to observe if it's coming from the motors but i heard nothing special on all of them."

There is a substantial fan to blow air through the vents in the battery.
Is that what you are hearing?
2016-3-18
Use props
coreysromero
lvl.1
United States

I'm hearing the odd sound as well and you're right it's hard to explain the sound. Glad it's normal as I was waiting to an engine to fail.
2016-3-19
Use props
patou72
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-3-19 07:27
" I guess it's from inside the P4? Looked and tried to observe if it's coming from the motors but  ...

Hey Labroides,

Very difficult to say if it's the fan...( it's something like a motor speeding up the tours a few times when you throttle up).

I can live with that like it seems to be some recurrent noise in different P4's
2016-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules