First time activation invalid device issue
12Next >
10789 41 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
breadsworth
New

I got my Osmo few weeks ago, I followed the instructions upto the point where its asking me to confirm my acount, I put in my username and password and then this the error that I got (see attached photo) I called technical support and instructed me to do a bunch of steps (install reinstall the app, update the firmware) We ended up concluding that I might have a broken gimbal or defective Osmo, so I ended up sending the device for repair. Now I just got it today and I still encounter the same problem. I havent even use this thing and I am about to return this and ask for a full refund.

hopfully somebody that has the same problem will respo
nd on how they fixed this issue.

Thanks

IMG_1716.jpg
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

China

Hello!
I'm really sorry about the problem!
Is it the same problem as before?
The hop-on warning implies that the device is an invalid one, please contact your dealer for an exchange.
If you need any help, please let me know.
2016-3-22
Use props
breadsworth
New

Yes its the same one
2016-3-23
Use props
david
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146293 ft

Exactly same issue here! So far I tried:

- deleting and re-downloading the DJI GO app (using iPhone 6S iOS 9.2.1)
- switching to a different account (using a different email to register with DJI)
- using a different iPhone 6S (running iOS 9.3)
- using an iPad Pro (iOS 9.2.1)
- restarting the Osmo several times
- switching to a different wifi on iPhone and then back to Osmo wifi

the strange thing I am noticing is when you quit the DJI GO app and then go back to it while still connected to the Osmo wifi the app will let me see the preview of what the Osmo camera is seeing for about half a second, then it goes to the activation screen and the familiar "invalid device" message pops up again

I am well familiar with DJI products, starting with the Vision+, Phantom2, Inspire1, now waiting for Phantom4 to arrive.

Please HEEEEELLLPPP!!!!! I WANT TO START USING THIS THING and this is so frustrating!!!
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

david@cinematic Posted at 2016-3-24 02:24
Exactly same issue here! So far I tried:

- deleting and re-downloading the DJI GO app (using iPhone ...

It appears the warning of "invalid device" because the device has not been authorized with a SN number, this kind of devices are some samples which is not allowed to be flew into market. Please return it for an exchange.
2016-3-23
Use props
martinb1.scarle
New

Belgium

Hello!
I try already two days to ACTIVATE  a new OSMO to no avail. It is going round in circles. I have to switch constantly between the wifi of the osmo and the internet connection. I do everything as told and by the book.  I really got tired of this. Really DISAPPOINTED. I bought this product after viewing tons of clips in the internet, I need it FAST in order to film a documentary next week.

I sent two mails and demands for help to DJI... until now - NO answer.

Really disappointing...
Martin
2016-3-24
Use props
martinb1.scarle
New

Belgium

My ticket:

Your request (183811) has been received and is being reviewed by our EU support staff.
2016-3-24
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martinb1.scarle Posted at 2016-3-24 23:03
Hello!
I try already two days to ACTIVATE  a new OSMO to no avail. It is going round in circles. I h ...

Did you follow the steps in our tutorial video?
Is there any warning when you failed to activate it?
If you have any problem, please go to your dealer for help firstly, the dealer may give you the quickest aid at the first time.
Please read our after-sales policy for your best benefit at http://www.dji.com/service
2016-3-24
Use props
david
lvl.1
Flight distance : 146293 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-24 14:24
It appears the warning of "invalid device" because the device has not been authorized with a SN nu ...

Adela how is it possible that we are getting them? I ordered mine straight from DJI website.
2016-3-25
Use props
martinb1.scarle
New

Belgium

Hello! YES - went by the book and followed all procedures as it has to be. I had already a DJI- account but made for the OSMO a new one. To no avail.

The devices I already tried for the activation:

- a brand new HUAWEI P8 Lite (octa-core 1.2 GHz) with ANDROID-version 5.0.1 = NO activation.

- then via a tablet SAMSUNG Note 2 10.1 (ANDROID); =NO activation.

- and today I borrowed an iPad Air from a friend; updated it first to the most recent ios-version ( 9.2.1) = NO activation.

The DJI Go is the most recente version.

BUT, via the iPad Air I was able to upgrade the OSMO software (downloaden and install). Still.... the OSMO = NO activation. I also could use the DJI Go app and looking at the camera "preview", but the gimbal stays dead until activation. I also took some sample pics with the X-3 cam. Works fine.... on a dead gimbal...

Finally I contacted the dealer in the Netherlands and re-explained my troubles by phone. Then I received a mail with the questions I already explained... = turning round in circles aka CATCH 22. At least they got my data and numbers of the device.

As I push the "final button" for the activation, I got exactly the same text as in the screenshot in the first post: "INVALID DEVICE".

This turns me down. Spent now three days and next week I have to take a plane to an archeological site for a filming project. And for this i bought the OSMO after two weeks watching, comparing and deciding.

Please... HELP - Martin

2016-3-25
Use props
martinb1.scarle
New

Belgium

two days of fiddling, trying, researching and experimenting. Tired from juggling between the OSMO-wifi and the internet-wifi. at last succeded to "activate" (some sort of) but... no respose from the gimbal; stays dead.

Until now, nobody helped me or assisted me. I will contact my dealer tomorrow (we have a holiday today) and send the thing back. They have to change it. I'm now sure it's broken or not functioning. After a hardware reset ((all buttons pressed at start-up), I managed to have some "life" in the cam-head. Otherwise it stays dead and hangs loose...

Very disappointed... Very!
Martin
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

david@cinematic Posted at 2016-3-25 22:37
Adela how is it possible that we are getting them? I ordered mine straight from DJI website.

May I know where you are located in first?
If you're based on North America, please email to support.us@dji.com
If you're based on Europe, you can contact support.eu@dji.com
If you're in Asia, please contact support@dji.com.

For more information about our service center, please refer to http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martinb1.scarle Posted at 2016-3-26 06:11
Hello! YES - went by the book and followed all procedures as it has to be. I had already a DJI- acco ...

Could you please tell me your ticket No. and which email address you are contacting to?
I'm sorry for the problem. If you follow the correct activation steps but still got a "INVALID DEVICE" warning during the first time of activation, you have to return it for an exchange.
The fastest way is to contact your dealer for an exchange, if the sales can't help out, you can also email to sales@dji.com for further help.
2016-3-28
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martinb1.scarle Posted at 2016-3-29 01:45
two days of fiddling, trying, researching and experimenting. Tired from juggling between the OSMO-wi ...

Sorry about the frustration.
Please watch this tutorial - Activation Steps Before Using OSMO at http://www.dji.com/support/product/osmo
Make sure you've activated the Osmo successfully.
If the Osmo can't work normally, could you please connect it to the DJI GO App and tell me if there is any abnormal appearance?
I hope your dealer will help you out soon.
2016-3-28
Use props
breadsworth
New

Do we have the solution for this invalid device?
2016-4-13
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

breadsworth@yah Posted at 2016-4-14 00:40

Exchange unit will be your only option for this device,since it has no S/N, one of the few devices that slipped into the market
2016-4-14
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

breadsworth@yah Posted at 2016-4-14 00:40

Yes, I'm afraid that nigelbrinkmann is right. Sorry for any possible inconvenience caused.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-4-14
Use props
Vliegende Braba
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36591 ft

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-15 11:43
Yes, I'm afraid that nigelbrinkmann is right. Sorry for any possible inconvenience caused.
Thanks ...

Hello I have a similar problem.

On Android I get the message: Active Failed(ServerNoAvaiableDevices) contact DJI support if it persists after restart.

On my Ipad I get the message: Invalid Device

Did mine also slip through? There is a serialnumber on the invoice however.
2016-4-23
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Vliegende Braba Posted at 2016-4-23 20:23

On Android I get the message: Active Failed(ServerNoAvaiableDevic ...

I would say so, even though it has a sticker on it with the S/N, the S/N hasn't been assigned to the osmo from the factory
2016-4-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Vliegende Braba Posted at 2016-4-23 20:23

On Android I get the message: Active Failed(ServerNoAvaiableDevic ...

Hello!
Have you tried to activated your Osmo as per our tutorial video?
If your operation is correct, but the result still fail, I'm afraid you need to return it for an exchange or repair service.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-23
Use props
martinb1.scarle
New

Belgium

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-24 06:04
Hello!
Have you tried to activated your Osmo as per our tutorial video?
If your operation is corr ...

Hello!

I simply sent the Osmo back to the supplier who returned me a new one. The second Osmo acted normal and I could activate it without a flaw.

So - the problem was definitely in the hardware - a defective Osmo.

Thanks to the supplier (Firma Konijnenberg in the Netherlands) for their kind and immediate assistance.

Martin
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

martinb1.scarle Posted at 2016-5-11 03:22
Hello!

I simply sent the Osmo back to the supplier who returned me a new one. The second Osmo act ...

Happy for you that you've got a new Osmo unit.
The reason for the failure of activation is not in the hardware, it's not a serious problem, but it has to be returned to fix the issue.

Enjoy your new Osmo!
If you have any other question, please let me know anytime.
2016-5-11
Use props
kirstenscully
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156781 ft
United Kingdom

Has everyone who has posted on this page resolved the problem by sending their unit back to DJI? Has everyone had to pay for UPS or DHL back to the Netherlands? Is DJI doing anything about this obviously widespread problem? Why is DJI wasting everyone's time telling them to use different devices, upgrade, watch the tutorial and follow the instructions? Adela, how many people have you told to do the same thing? Sorry, but I am very frustrated with the fact that DJI is misleading everyone, wasting their time and is not actually fixing the problem!
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kirstenscully Posted at 2016-5-23 01:02
Has everyone who has posted on this page resolved the problem by sending their unit back to DJI? Has ...

Hello.
I'm sorry for any frustration.
When did the problem happen to you? Could you please tell me the SN. of your device and your dealer?

This situation is just an accident. We've been trying our best to recall this kind of devices, and we'll help our clients who encounter this issue to exchange a brand new device. Please don't worry.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-22
Use props
kirstenscully
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-5-23 04:29
Hello.
I'm sorry for any frustration.
When did the problem happen to you? Could you please tell m ...

I bought the first Osmo in Dec and received it a month later in Jan. I took it on a job to Mongolia and it didn't work. I came back one and a half months later and sent it back to the Netherlands. They sent me a new Osmo in April. I couldn't unbox it until a couple of weeks ago and hence the problems. I do not have the box with me. Where is the serial number on the Unit? If it is the one I think it is, it is 06NDCK120B00X0. I bought the first Osmo from the DJI online store, not from a dealer. It came from China.  Is there a dealer in or near London that can give me a new unit before Wednesday? I'm flying out to Mongolia again and I need the Osmo.
2016-5-22
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kirstenscully Posted at 2016-5-23 13:58
I bought the first Osmo in Dec and received it a month later in Jan. I took it on a job to Mongolia ...

Thanks for your reply.
06NDCK120B00X0 is the SN.

In Europe, please contact support.eu@dji.com with details for further assistance.
Usually, it may take several working days to go through all the process, I can't guarantee a replacement whthin this Wednesday. Sorry about that.

If you need any help, please let me know.
2016-5-23
Use props
kirstenscully
lvl.2
Mongolia

I would like to let everyone know just how badly DJI has let me down with an issue that has been ongoing with the them every since the Osmo came out. The first Osmo I had, broke after 30 mins usage. I ordered straight off the website and it took over a month to arrive. The replacement came with an Invalid Device message. After hours on the phone to DJI, unanswered emails and no solution, I found out about everyone else having the same problem via this forum. DJI has not yet admitted they have sent out a bunch of dud Osmos. I asked for a refund from them and they have flatly refused. I had to purchase another one in order to fulfill a promise to a client that it would be filmed with a gimbal. I have had a lot of "sorry" messages and "we are doing our best to help you" but they have done nothing. If there were a competitive alternative I would drop all my DJI equipment in a flash...Customer Service is the worst.
2016-5-27
Use props
EyecatcherFFM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Had the same trouble with my brand new Handle-Kit and X5, "Invalid Device".
Solution steps worked for me:

1. Upgrade the Firmware via SD-Card
2. Connect to the Osmo with the DJI-Go App (Iphone 6)
3. When it asks for Activation, hit "Activate". "Activation failed" comes up.
4. Hit the "one step back" Button in the upper left corner
(Im not quite sure, if i got directly to the Home Screen of the Go-App, tried several times, you need to get somehow to the HomeScreen of the go-app)
5. Go to the "Me" Tab in the right hand Corner.
6. LogIn with your DJI Username and Password.
7. Close the Go-App, exit it completley in Iphones Task-Manager
8. Reopen Go-App and Activate.
9. Voilá!

I think there is a Problem in the App, when youre not logged in with your DJI Account.

2016-5-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kirstenscully Posted at 2016-5-27 20:28
I would like to let everyone know just how badly DJI has let me down with an issue that has been ong ...

Hello.
Have you got a Ticket No. or any RMA or case No.?
I'm sorry for all the trouble, let me know the tracking information of you case, I'll help to follow up it.

Thanks for your understanding.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

EyecatcherFFM Posted at 2016-5-28 01:34
Solution steps worked fo ...

Thanks for your feedback.
Hope people who are in the same situation would find it helpful.

Good for you.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

kirstenscully Posted at 2016-5-27 20:28
I would like to let everyone know just how badly DJI has let me down with an issue that has been ong ...

If you can't never activate your Osmo and get the "Invalid Device" message all the time, could you please tell me your registered email address of the Osmo activation? We'll try to check it in our service system.

Thanks.
2016-5-30
Use props
AnticipateMedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 309626 ft
  • >>>
United States

EyecatcherFFM Posted at 2016-5-27 13:34

I had the same problem. These steps solved the problem. This is clearly a software bug with the X5 and OSMO, not a defective device.
2016-6-3
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

AnticipateMedia Posted at 2016-6-4 00:03
I had the same problem. These steps solved the problem. This is clearly a software bug with the X5 ...

Hello.
True, it's not a defective device, just an invalid device if it can't be activated successfully and come up with the error message of "Invalid Device".

Thanks.
2016-6-3
Use props
kirstenscully
lvl.2
Mongolia

EyecatcherFFM Posted at 2016-5-28 01:34

Thanks Eyecatcher,
I will try this when I get back to Europe in 2 weeks time.
2016-6-7
Use props
alexanderpradom
New

Brazil

Personal 'm having the same problem was already there any solution?
the firmware update is required ? What do I do? I to 3 days up to address ?
2016-7-11
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

alexanderpradom Posted at 2016-7-12 10:03
Personal 'm having the same problem was already there any solution?
the firmware update is required  ...

Hi, do you have the x3 or x5?
You can try what 'EyecatcherFFM' did (in post 28 above) even try it with the x3 to see if it works
2016-7-12
Use props
alexanderpradom
New

Brazil

I own the iPhone 5s iOS 9.3.2 , and Moto G Android 5.1, all above stated by the manufacturer
2016-7-12
Use props
martinperezmesa
New

Uruguay

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-3-23 02:00
Hello!
I'm really sorry about the problem!
Is it the same problem as before?

Have the same problem. I bought it in amazon and back in Uruguay I tried to activate it and no response. Now I am out of my time to return the device to seller because it was delivered 20 days ago and the policy of a refund is for 10 days... What should I do???? In Uruguay you do have an exclusive dealer of DJI but they told me that the only do services to products that they sell only.
I NEED A RESPONSE FROM DJI because I spent a lot of money for nothing
2016-7-17
Use props
DJI-H.C
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

martinperezmesa Posted at 2016-7-17 14:51
Have the same problem. I bought it in amazon and back in Uruguay I tried to activate it and no res ...

Hi, please send a message to support@dji.com and we'll help you with it.  Thank you.

2016-7-17
Use props
info
New

Australia

Having same activation failed invalid device error, is there a fix or do we have to return item?
2016-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules