How can I update Phantom 4 Battery Firmware?
19266 7 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbellego
lvl.2

United States

I  haven't been able to figure out how to update battery firmware. Can someone please come to my rescue?
2016-3-22
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads

under the software tab download and install mac or pc.   

when done and newly installed program is running it will tell you to plug your drone in to your pc with micro usb cable.  the program will communicate with the drone then show you what firmware is installed and what is able to be upgraded/downgraded.    click the upgrade one and watch your drone flash for a little while.  then enjoy

2016-3-22
Use props
gswilder
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18409 ft
  • >>>
United States

I bought a P4 from Apple and did upgrades before first flight.

i bought an extra battery. It took a couple of days before the update component message popped up on the DJI Go app to upgrade the extra battery.

GSW
2016-3-22
Use props
jbellego
lvl.2

United States

Thanks to all. Looking forward to my first flight!
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

quickpoint Posted at 2016-3-23 10:20
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4/info#downloads

under the software tab download and install mac ...

Thank you for detailed explanation!  
2016-3-23
Use props
LoookSkywatcher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35896 ft
United States

Detailed explanation?
Its a link to a page with about a million possible downloads.
What am I supposed to be downloading?
I already have DJI Assistant 2
I need DETAILED information about how to KNOW if my batteries have firmware installed on them, and how to KNOW what version it is, and how to KNOW if its the latest.
Thank you.
2017-4-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LoookSkywatcher Posted at 2017-4-6 12:48
Detailed explanation?
Its a link to a page with about a million possible downloads.
What am I supposed to be downloading?

Use Assistant 2.
The battery firmware is embedded in the craft's firmware. When the craft firmware upgrade process is initiated via Assistant 2 and it needs to update the battery firmware too, the two middle LEDs on the battery start to flash to indicate it is happening. If you have more than one battery, when returned back to the firmware screen in Assistant 2, power down your craft, swap batteries, and power back up the craft - then just perform a refresh at the same firmware level to apply the battery firmware to the other.

I'll have to confirm, but I think the battery firmware level is listed on the battery screen in DJI GO.
2017-4-6
Use props
Tom2409
New

Belgium

Hello,
story for my bad english... i'm French
yesterday i try to update my drone but it stopped at 99% during more than 30 min... I didn't no what to do... so i try to put my drone OFF but it was impossible, the battery didn't react. So i put the battery out of the drone but the battery stay ON with the led 2 and 3 ( the two legs in the middle ). I change my battery and put my update successfully, so everything is ok for the drone and the second battery.
The First battery stay ON all the night with the 2 Leds in the middle and it's impossible the stop it.
When i put this battery on my drone, the drone switch on whiteout touch the remote bouton. But my drone can not see how many % of battery is there.
When i put it on the Charger, the battery dont react...
So impossible to turn OFF my battery.

How can i Reset my battery or something like this ??

Thank !
2017-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules