Samsung Note2
3179 20 2016-3-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

Hi there, just getting started with a P3Pro.
I have an old phone, a Samsung NoteII without service, that I like to use for things like my GoPro, OBDII, etc.  I was hoping to use it with the P3P.

I have successfully updated all the firmware, the app is happy and everything seems to work but the video feed.  The camera will take picures and video (on the ground, haven't flown yet) but the video feed is just black.
I tried using my current phone, a Samsung Note5, and the video works fine so I'm guessing all is well with the bird.

Has anyone gotten the video feed to work on a NoteII or is that device unsupported?

I suppose if I have to, I'll use the Note5 but I'd rather it was available for phone calls, etc.  What happens if I get a call while I'm flying?

Appreciate any feedback.
2016-3-22
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Note 2 worked perfectly with Go app version 2.6 but since u date 2.7 and 2.7.1 started the black screen / no video feed. I have a similar problem to you so looking where I can download 2.6 version again
2016-3-22
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Some of the phones that are not supported still work, we just didn't check them here in DJI
2016-3-23
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Netherlands

@DJI-Tim.  Any consequences of running go app 2.6 with latest firmware updates on PARK and controller ?
2016-3-23
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Netherlands

Dam auto correct - P 3 A I mean
2016-3-23
Use props
murat-mutlu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

i also want/wanted to use my Note2, but after DJI GO update to 2.7 i also got black screen. It used to work with DJI GO 2.6 but still there was problem like; when i switched photo/video mode, feed didnt work anymore, it was all green or weird video feed was on screen... So i had to leave some mode (PHOTO or VIDEO) and quit app and re-open, then it did work.

this page is providing old verisons of DJI GO app, but install and use with your own risk.
https://apkplz.com/android-games/dji-go
2016-3-23
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

murat-mutlu Posted at 2016-3-23 07:25
i also want/wanted to use my Note2, but after DJI GO update to 2.7 i also got black screen. It used  ...

It's pretty much all "at your own risk" right?

I would like to use the Note II.....
maybe I'll try one of the older app versions.  Is there a changelog somewhere for the dji go app?
thank you for the link btw!
2016-3-23
Use props
murat-mutlu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 311385 ft
  • >>>
Finland

teamhypoxia Posted at 2016-3-23 15:45
It's pretty much all "at your own risk" right?

I would like to use the Note II.....

yeah!
ps. When you install old version, don't forget to disable DJI GO app's "Auto Update" from app page in Google Play, otherwise it will install latest version as soon as it get internet connection

So v.2.6.1 still works on my Note2 but i have to leave Aspect Ratio 16:9 in photo mode to avoid that problem when switching PHOTO to VIDEO
2016-3-23
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Installed 2.6 today on my Note 2 and all works perfectly again !!  Flew 20 mins with no problems switching between video and camera
2016-3-23
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

GM01 Posted at 2016-3-23 14:37
Installed 2.6 today on my Note 2 and all works perfectly again !!  Flew 20 mins with no problems swi ...

good to hear!

I haven't tried it yet, I just flew yesterday using the Note5.

I'll give the Note2 a go today.

I also think I'll make a habit of saving all the apk and firmware revisions from here on out just in case
2016-3-24
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

teamhypoxia Posted at 2016-3-24 16:16
good to hear!

I haven't tried it yet, I just flew yesterday using the Note5.

@teamhypoxia
I have also done the same - all versions of APK and firmware saved just in case.
2016-3-24
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-24
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

Just to confirm, I am using 2.6.0 on my note 2 and not 2.6.1
2016-3-24
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-24
Use props
Karthik Raju
lvl.2

India

Same problem being experienced here with note 2.  I also updated, got that issue, told in various forums.. No one gave a damn.. So I got 2.6.1 ask and is working fine. I switched off updating
2016-3-24
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

Just confirmed the same result  with 2.6.1 at least as far as video goes....
I haven't flown it yet, but I'm getting video now on the Note2.

Appreciate the help and the links!
2016-3-24
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

So I've done quite a bit of flying using the Note2 and the 2.6.1 version of the Go app...

Now I see an update to the GO app.  Anyone tried it with a Note2 yet?  I'm not quite sure if app updates will fix the problems we've had with video on the Note2 or if 2.6.1 is the last version that will ever work.

I'm also curious if, at some point, 2.6.1 will quit working with the latest firmware.  I'm a bit hesitant at this point to update either the firmware or the app but normally I like the idea of updates if they mean improvements.
2016-4-7
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-4-7
Use props
teamhypoxia
lvl.1

United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-4-7 16:56
the new updates do not fix the missing video, after updating everything had to roll back DJIgo to  ...

But you were able to update the firmware on the RC and the aircraft and fly fine with the 2.6.0 app?
2016-4-7
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-4-7
Use props
mmertdikmen
New

Turkey

I had the same problem with my Note 2 as well with the latest version. I downloaded DJI GO version 2.6.0 and it had that problem with the screen when you change it from 4:3 to 16:9. So I played with it a while and when I changed NTSC to PAL, BAM! problem solved. I dont know how or why but at least now I dont have to buy a new phone. I hope this helps.
2016-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules