"Aircraft enters altitude limited mode"
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cmoriarty1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453146 ft
United States

Can someone explain why the aircraft does this? What does it limit the altitude too? Does it set a minimum height or a maximum, or both. Does it happen because of wind or lack of visibility? Any insight would be appreciated.

2016-3-23
Use props
GM01
lvl.2

Belgium

What Phantom do you have?  In the Go App, you can manually set the maximum height/ altitude up to 500m. This is related to where you start/home point set =0
2016-3-23
Use props
cmoriarty1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 453146 ft
United States

GM01 Posted at 2016-3-23 16:24
What Phantom do you have?  In the Go App, you can manually set the maximum height/ altitude up to 50 ...

I have a phantom 3 advanced. My altitude is limited to 120 meters which is where I like it to stay. Am trying to film videos at low altitude, like 3-10 meters. Sometimes it tells me "aircraft enters altitude limited mode" and then flies through the waypoints accurately but seems to make adjustments to the altitude like adding a few meters, maybe even 10 or so. Very unpredictable and annoying.
2016-3-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

cmoriarty1 Posted at 2016-3-24 12:27
I have a phantom 3 advanced. My altitude is limited to 120 meters which is where I like it to stay ...

Not a good idea to try and fly waypoints at altitudes between 3 and 10 Metres, the altitude is set by a barometer and it can exhibit errors within that range.
2016-3-23
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry double post
2016-3-23
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problems when flying waypoints. I sent it in 4 times and they could not fix it so they replaced it with a refurbished Phantom. I was not happy. I do wish you luck... If you send it in just demand they contact you before they send it back and ask what was repaired... this is under warranty as long as you are within a year of purchase.

Butch
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules