Free or low cost, user-friendly, post-production options
789 5 2016-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbellego
lvl.2

United States

I just got my P4. Still in the process of updating firmware and becoming familiar with features before first flight. Saboring the moment big time! Can somebody recommend a stupid proof app or software I could use to edit my videos with music and/or pictures? I have zero experience video editing, or photo editing for that matter. Thanks for the help and happy flights!
2016-3-23
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Not sure if you have access to an apple computer but IMO iMovie is a free/cheap option that is pretty capable for someone starting out.  It used to be free I think, I wanna say now it's about 15$ now.
2016-3-23
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Filmora is what I use. You can download a free version and get a watermark on your pics and vids, or pay about $50 for the software. It is easy to use quick to learn, you can add music, green screen, transitions, effects, text, etc. Here is an example from one of mine.
2016-3-23
Use props
jbellego
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Ryan209. I have a PC.  Thanks mjlstudios! Nice video! I just downloaded Filmora and will give it a try. Cheers!
2016-3-23
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

jbellego Posted at 2016-3-23 13:14
Thanks Ryan209. I have a PC.  Thanks mjlstudios! Nice video! I just downloaded Filmora and will give ...

Aloha jbellego,

GoPro Studio is a free download, Windows MovieMaker is free and they both are easy to use.  GoPro Studio handles higher quality videos better and converts to almost any format but there are some methods you have to follow to start using it.  Mostly, GoPro wants you to copy the video right at the beginning into a QuickTime .mov or an .avi file to release the compression so better editing can take place.  

As you get better, you may want to deal with color correction and get rid of problems like haze, smog or in my case VOG.  BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve 12 is free and has the most amazing color correction.  But it is complex enough to require a 1000 page manual and that manual is very thorough!  Good Luck!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-3-24
Use props
jbellego
lvl.2

United States

Aloha Cetaman. Thanks!
2016-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules