battery stuck blinking fist 2 green LED lights - wont power up
5147 9 2016-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flying-w-james
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246811 ft
United States

i was charging the battery and i noticed it was stuck at 2 green LEDs.   I have not idea why but its now stuck at blinking 2 GREEN LED lights. Nothing i try will power it off or back on. I even tried putting it into the inspire but it wont power up.  

Leaving it on the charger wont do anything else.

See video:

any ideas? I can't seem to find anything online for what this might mean, either its stuck thinking it needs to charge, or this is some kind of error code?

2016-3-24
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Try this, place it in the Inspire and turn off the battery ( it should turn off )  Now Turn the battery on and place it on the charger.  Or place the battery in the inspire and turn it on, let the battery just die in the Inspire and then try to Re-charge.

Hope this helps................it worked for me- donnie
2016-3-25
Use props
flying-w-james
lvl.1
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-25 09:29
Try this, place it in the Inspire and turn off the battery ( it should turn off )  Now Turn the batt ...

thanks but i tried that, when in the inspire it responds the same, that is, the button doens't do anything.  wont power off.   This morning, 12 hours later, the green LEDs are not blinking but the red LED is just a little dim.   I'm afraid it will drain the battery down to 0% and it will then become damaged and useless.

2016-3-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

flying-w-james Posted at 2016-3-25 11:20
thanks but i tried that, when in the inspire it responds the same, that is, the button doens't do  ...

If you are under warrenty dont worry.  If not, go to you tube, there is a video on taking off the top and disconnecting the main wires to re-set it.  

good luck- donnie
2016-3-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

flying-w-james Posted at 2016-3-26 00:20
thanks but i tried that, when in the inspire it responds the same, that is, the button doens't do  ...

If it was in hibernation mode, only the Red light would on and you cannot turn it off for 5 minutes.
But since you have the green LED's and after sitting for 12hrs thee's no change then you would need to contact repair for a warranty exchange depending on when you purchased it. batteries are 6 months warranty.
Customer support 818-235-0789
2016-3-25
Use props
flying-w-james
lvl.1
United States

its not under warrenty anymore, but only had 7 charges on it...  the lights are all off now, i will try and charge it again, maybe the logic board has reset itself.  if not, i will try and open it up and see... the battery might have gone to total 0% in which case, its a brick.

anyone know the best way to dispose of these?  maybe bring them to a recycle center.  i also have a few dead batteries from my phantom 2 sitting around.

thanks for the feedback everyone.
2016-3-25
Use props
Paula langley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184511 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have this same issue - did you resolve it?
2017-8-11
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

flying-w-james, sounds like it that battery is NO good any more, and you are correct PLEASE take them to the recycle center or batteries + takes them. If it is bad you need to get it out of your house and to the recycle center they are a fire hazard !!! Safety First! Ken.
2017-8-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Apparently the battery has unbalanced cells. The only solution is really to pop the top and manually adjust the cell voltage. If some cells are more than 0.03 voltage, the battery will become faulty.
2017-8-11
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I also have found that the expensive battery now becomes rather unreliable.
2017-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules