Marco Polo tracker
2129 8 2015-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

What's your opinion about Marco Polo tracker?
Have you ever used it and track a "lost" Phantom? I understand that the range is up to 2 miles, but you get aprox 1/2 miles if there are obstacles.
How did you mount it on your Phantom?
2015-1-11
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I have a Marco Polo and it works very well as long as you are within about 2 miles.  I have since added the Flytrex unit so I hardly even connect the Marco Polo (which I used Velcro to attach) so if you are interested in the unit it's relatively new (like 2 months old) and comes with 2 locators (I like to have redundancy on everything).  Drop me a note and we can discuss price (I'm not giving it away but I'm not expecting to get 100% either).
2015-1-11
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-12 13:38
I have a Marco Polo and it works very well as long as you are within about 2 miles.  I have since ad ...

Thanks, kenargo, but I've actually ordered one with 3 locators.
I'm actually thinking to use one locator on a pet.
I've never flown my Phantom more than 1000 feet away and I look at that tracker more like an "insurance policy". I hope I'll never need to use it.
2015-1-11
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-12 13:38
I have a Marco Polo and it works very well as long as you are within about 2 miles.  I have since ad ...

are you in Europe? I wanted to order such a system from readymadeRC, of course the 12g RC model version but unfortunately it dont has an CE sign. The pet version is way to heavy for the phantom if you have oder things installed. I actually cant find a PM function in this forum, am i blind?  I think ther er was a marco polo thread already
2015-1-12
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sorry, I am in the US so I can't really help you in EU.
2015-1-12
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-13 00:38
Sorry, I am in the US so I can't really help you in EU.

kenargo, how can I send you a private message? I was not able to find a way after clicking on your profile.
2015-1-12
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

my name @ my name .com
2015-1-12
Use props
Paras
lvl.2

Switzerland

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-13 02:41
my name @ my name .com

Will the Marco Polo lose effectiveness in Europe given that it uises 900Mhz frequency, the same as some cellhpnes over here?
2015-1-12
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

kenargo Posted at 2015-1-13 02:41
my name @ my name .com

Thanks. I've sent you an email.
2015-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now