Upgrade Firmware in DJI Go?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cshudson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Firmware update PDF makes mention of being able to update the aircraft firmware on the P3A via the DJI GO app. I was able to update the remote controller that way, but the app didn't give me the option to update the crafts firmware in the same manor. Just a warning that the Aircraft and Camera need to be updated. So I guess we are still stuck on saving bin files to the SD card to update the Quad?
2016-3-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the P3P/A & Inspire aircraft and battery are updated via the SD Card and bin file.
Take a look at the guide again. The firmware update guide for your P3A is downloadable from HERE. It only provides guidance for updating your RC via the GO App.

2016-3-27
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

terrylewis Posted at 2016-3-27 16:07
Yes, the P3P/A & Inspire aircraft and battery are updated via the SD Card and bin file.
Take a look  ...

Not exactly,
Page 1:
"Using the DJI GO App to Update All Firmware"
All Firmware means "All" firmware to me.
2016-3-27
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI should change that heading which you have you quoted, the inference in the detail under the heading is that the latest version of DJI GO should be used 'when' doing firmware updates., not necessarily as a means to do the updates.

I've just noticed that the first section (On Page 1) refers to the P3 Standard, and you have the P3 Advanced (refer to page 2).

2016-3-27
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

cshudson@me.com Posted at 2016-3-28 04:20
Not exactly,
Page 1:
"Using the DJI GO App to Update All Firmware"

Thanks Aardvark!
It is not clear, as the manual covers:
Page 1      -> Phantom 3 Standard
Page 2 -9 -> Inspire 1 Pro
                   Inspire 1
                   Phantom 3 Professional
                   Phantom 3 Advanced
Page 10   -> FAQ
2016-3-27
Use props
cshudson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Aardvark Posted at 2016-3-27 17:43
DJI should change that heading which you have you quoted, the inference in the detail under the head ...

Yeah they should change that wording. But you're right it does say standard. I never noticed that.
2016-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules