Lightbridge worth the cost?
3081 19 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dsg6806
lvl.1

United States

I'm seeing versions of the P3A selling with either wifi or LightBridge....is lightbridge worth the extra cost?
2016-3-29
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

As I standard user that modded mine, I would say Yes, the Advanced and professional are a solid direction to choose or you might get upset at the range you get.  The standard line is great, but you will want that range.
If you have the money, go for the Phantom 4
2016-3-29
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-29
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-29
Use props
CapitAn
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

YES!!

Night and day, l wouldn't buy one without lightbridge after using it. Even if you don't need long range, the connection is rock solid.
2016-3-29
Use props
stalked-buddha
Banned

United Kingdom

2016-3-29
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3 has 4 models.
Both the P3 Professional and P3 Advanced use Lightbridge.
The other two models are the P3 Standard and the P3 4K. These models use WiFi.

Lightbridge is a form of Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing which gives much superior signal range when compared to regular WiFi ->
Advantages & Disadvantages
2016-3-29
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

2016-3-29
Use props
dsg6806
lvl.1

United States

thanks for the replies!
2016-3-29
Use props
DroneSpeed
Ban Posts

2016-3-29
Use props
reinaldoivanmor
lvl.1

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-30 05:52
Shucks he beat me to it, I was just about to say "Orthogonal frequency-division multiplexing"...  (n ...

I enjoyed this.  Lol
2016-3-29
Use props
dmize
lvl.1

United States

So I just got a P3 Standard, I was looking at this http://www.amazon.com/BlueProton ... tenna/dp/B01BAEGRZ6
would you recommend the light bridge over this?  Maybe I am comparing apples and oranges I have only had the drone for 3 days.
2016-3-31
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

dmize Posted at 2016-3-31 07:41
So I just got a P3 Standard, I was looking at this http://www.amazon.com/BlueProton-Phantom-Standard ...

The thing is, if you have a Standard,  you don't have a choice.  For that matter,  you don't have a choice with any of them.  The Standard and the 4K both use wifi,  and only wifi.   Advanced,  Pro and P4 use Lightbridge.  So if you want extended range on the Standard or the 4k,  you must use some kind of range extender.
2016-3-31
Use props
crschol7
lvl.1

United States

The PSA is Lightbridge ONLY
The 4K is Wi-Fi
2016-3-31
Use props
dmize
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-3-31 22:57
The thing is, if you have a Standard,  you don't have a choice.  For that matter,  you don't have  ...

Ok I gotcha.  Thanks for the advice!  This is my first drone, kind of got it on a whim.  Now im already wishing I had gotten the P3 Pro
2016-3-31
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Simple answer, yes.
2016-3-31
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

dmize Posted at 2016-3-31 08:33
Ok I gotcha.  Thanks for the advice!  This is my first drone, kind of got it on a whim.  Now im al ...

They are getting cheap enough to be attractive,  for sure.  But,  I first bought a Standard and within a short time I was wishing I had gotten the Advanced.  So I got an Advanced.  And having had it for several months now,  I can happily say I have not yet wished I had gotten the Pro.  The advantages are few with the Pro,  and I am still amazed every time I fly my Advanced,  especially when compared to the Standard.  And the P4 does not even begin to light my fire yet.  See all the problems with them?  I'll wait till most of the bugs are gone.
2016-3-31
Use props
dmize
lvl.1

United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-4-1 04:06
They are getting cheap enough to be attractive,  for sure.  But,  I first bought a Standard and wi ...

Yeah I am not interested in the 4, as far as advanced vs pro, I have not really looked into the differences there, the prices are pretty close and a lot of ppl have the pro.  I don't see me buying another one anytime soon so I guess ill just boost the range of my standard.  There are just so many options and I really have no idea where to start.
2016-3-31
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Yes the lightbridge tech is great. The range far superior to that of wifi.
2016-3-31
Use props
scottking555
lvl.2
Flight distance : 125453 ft
United States

dmize Posted at 2016-3-31 23:33
Ok I gotcha.  Thanks for the advice!  This is my first drone, kind of got it on a whim.  Now im al ...

Get the dbs mod for your Standard it works great. I got it for mine and I get great distance now.
2016-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules