New extra battery arrived....now what???
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Just got my 2nd DJI battery this morning for my P3A.  I have just done a search for whether I need to 'update' anything but couldn't find a definitive answer.  I am fully firmware updated on my Phantom and RC.

So do I...

a)  just put the new battery in and fly.  I am good to go..

or

b) should I put in the micro SD in that I used to update FW before putting the new battery in..

Thanks
2016-3-30
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>

You can do the upgrade now or fly, your call. But if you have the few minutes of downtime, I would do the firmware update for the battery.
2016-3-30
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-3-30 09:49
You can do the upgrade now or fly, your call. But if you have the few minutes of downtime, I would d ...

Thanks Bill.

But how exactly do I do that....put the firmware micro SD then the battery and then start it up (i.e. the same I did for the aircraft firmware)

Or will the app tell me that the battery needs upgrading....
2016-3-30
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Stick the latest firmware on the SD card, pop the new battery in and turn on the P3. Wait a few mins and job done. There's a video on youtube:
2016-3-30
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Homestead72 Posted at 2016-3-30 11:04
Thanks Bill.

But how exactly do I do that....put the firmware micro SD then the battery and then  ...

Put the firmware on the SD card. Put the new battery in the P3 and power on. It will check which components that needs updating, and it will update the battery.

Check in the log on the SD card that the battery update was ok. (If you already have the latest updates on the aircraft, camera etc. the log will say that it did not need to update those).
2016-3-30
Use props
Homestead72
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks guys.  I'll try that now.  Really looking forward to my double flight time now!!
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, you can follow the video tutorial above to update your new battery. The battery updating uses the same firmware as the drone, which could be downloaded on our official website:
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-adv/info#downloads
2016-3-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules