How to get a phantom 3 imported to India?
13170 17 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
plakhyaraj
lvl.1

India

Please help me regarding importing a drone to India
2016-3-30
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

Not familiar with that. Is it illegal?
2016-3-30
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft

Just from browsing on the Internet, even if you could get one in the country they appear to be illegal to fly and when you fly it's not like they are silent so you'd most likely get caught.
2016-3-30
Use props
Jegan
lvl.1
Malaysia

Is there any regulations for drone flying in India?
Recently flown phantom's during the Tamil Nadu floods for surveillance purpose.

If you have issues on the availability, you may want to visit this site:
http://avcsindia.com/
2016-3-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

United States

One piece at a time...Travel with large enough group and you could probably bring in a whole airplane....
2016-3-30
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

I asked this question to Dji support. They do have authorized resellers in India, go here to find one: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Here's my response from their support:

Storeagent02 (DJI)
Feb 23, 14:56

Dear digdat0,
Thank you so much for contacting DJI online store.
We do apologize, but because of the VAT and other costs, we didn't include your country in the shipping list. We will correct this in the future. For now, you can order from a nearby dealer. Please check our website for dealer info.
Please refer to the link attached for more details and feel free to let us know if we can be of any further help.
Thanks and have a good one.
http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Best Regards
DJI Online Store

Feb 23, 04:48

HI There - do you ship to India? I would like to buy a P3A for someone in Bangalore, india. Please advise.
digdat0
2016-3-30
Use props
digdat0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11896378 ft

nickmedici@bell Posted at 2016-3-30 15:42
Just from browsing on the Internet, even if you could get one in the country they appear to be illeg ...

They are legal to own, technically not legal to fly. But, India is a country where you can get outa trouble easily with some cash ... So yeah.
2016-3-30
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
United States

I was in the similar soup 2 weeks back. Then i got lucky and my company planned a trip to Singapore. I then ordered the drone online and got it shipped at my office in Singapore. There was no hassles at the SG and Mumbai airport and no one raised any questions. It was a breeze at both the airports.

But yeah, drone flying is illegal in India and if you are caught flying one there will be a penalty. Why illegal? Coz DJI drones uses the same signal frequency which is used by our Indian Army so they have banned drones altogether.

A piece of advice - Do not buy DJI  Drones from Indian dealers. They will charge exorbitant prices. I called one of the dealers in Mumbai and he was like - "Sir, P3S will cost you Rs. 55000" I was shocked. Online it is available for $499 which is around 34K.

Reach out to me in case you need further details.

Varun
2016-3-30
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Go on holiday, buy one plus backpack take it home with you as hand lugauge?? Might work if you can convince them at the airport it also left the country with you ;) maybe they won't even check...
2016-3-31
Use props
Karthik Raju
lvl.2

India

Singapore is the nearest place where you can ask dji to deliver and from there ask family or friends to get it for you or you may go on a vacation tickets booked at right time can be cheaper than the exorbitant prices Indian dealers put up.
2016-3-31
Use props
plakhyaraj
lvl.1

India

If i import it from aliexpress will the customs allow me to have it or will the confiscate it??
2016-4-1
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Freddy4fingers Posted at 2016-3-30 23:43
You cant.. dji only cares about China. And if you ask questions..they will make you disappear.

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you while coming across all these butthurt posts.   You are proof that they are obviously better at making drones than "making you disappear".
2016-4-1
Use props
ryan209
lvl.3

United States

Geocell4300@gma Posted at 2016-4-2 04:54
Well I feel sorry for you that you don't know me and realize that most of what I say is meant a sad ...

Fair enough. If it's a joke, and that's how you stay entertained then more power to you, but if you wanna compare this to a grocery store then at least use a relevant analogy.  To me if the DJI forum was the grocery store it would be more akin to you popping into every single isle I turn into to get in a quick version of "this grocery store sucks".  I might've chuckled the first 3 times but by the 20th the schtick gets old.
2016-4-1
Use props
user580043fe91
New

Cambodia

varunnahar Posted at 2016-3-31 12:08
I was in the similar soup 2 weeks back. Then i got lucky and my company planned a trip to Singapore. ...

hi please can you help me with buying a dji phantom 3 standard?

If you are selling the drone please let me know the price.

I am a wedding photographer from kerala and we are looking to buy a drone for wedding videos..but as a beginner we are unable to invest this much amount as the indian sellers are asking.. so please let me know the details

Please mail me on velocitystinkz.dev@gmail.com

2016-7-29
Use props
varunnahar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42585 ft
India

user580043fe91 Posted at 2016-7-29 13:36
hi please can you help me with buying a dji phantom 3 standard?

If you are selling the drone plea ...

Hi, I have a new Phantom 3 professional. Let me know if you are interested.
2016-8-1
Use props
mandge.rahul
lvl.1

India

varunnahar Posted at 2016-8-1 14:01

Do you still want to sell it? Can you quote the price?
2016-9-13
Use props
fansf6d49339
New

India

varunnahar Posted at 2016-8-1 00:31

Hi varun please can you mail me the details on velocitystinkz.dev@gmail.com
2017-1-19
Use props
vishsolanki
New

United States

varunnahar Posted at 2016-3-30 22:38
I was in the similar soup 2 weeks back. Then i got lucky and my company planned a trip to Singapore. I then ordered the drone online and got it shipped at my office in Singapore. There was no hassles at the SG and Mumbai airport and no one raised any questions. It was a breeze at both the airports.

But yeah, drone flying is illegal in India and if you are caught flying one there will be a penalty. Why illegal? Coz DJI drones uses the same signal frequency which is used by our Indian Army so they have banned drones altogether.

Hi Varun, you mentioned about getting drone from singapore to mumbai via hand carry at airport. did you face any issues or documents/check. I am planning to buy Phantom 4 (at good price) in USA and flying to india. Please guide if possible to get it through airport. I am planning to carry in checkin luggage
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules