Propeller Guard being sensed with new update ERROR!!!!
2121 11 2016-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pocastillo
New

United States

I updated my Software and now I have a disabled sensors message due to propeller guards being detected that are not there (I do not have propeller guards).

I need this fixed as soon as possible. What are my options? Using an Ipad2 and a Phantom4.

2016-3-30
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's an error I never heard of before now.  Is it possible some of your motor screws are too tight? No probably not.
Unless this was a previously owned model... Perhaps it has longer screws than the original shorter ones?
You may want to back them all off and check them. Can't think of anything else other than a faulty sensor.

RedHotPoker
2016-3-30
Use props
Username Here
lvl.3
United States

There's another thread or two in here about the same thing, apparently a glitch in the latest update?
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, I'd suggest you to clean the obstacle sensing system. We will solve it in the next version.
2016-3-30
Use props
Detcast580
New

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-3-30 21:44
That's an error I never heard of before now.  Is it possible some of your motor screws are too tight ...

I had to format my SD card and re download the update. Error is now gone. My friends Phantom4 rejected the SD card after his update and he had to even exchange for another at the apple store.
2016-4-1
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

I had the same error recently.  I simply flew that session with the sensors off.  On the next flight, the error disappeared.
2016-4-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Detcast580 Posted at 2016-4-1 17:16
I had to format my SD card and re download the update. Error is now gone. My friends Phantom4 reje ...

Thanks for your reply. It's nice to see you have got it cleared and into a normal behaviour mode. ;-)

It's often the little things that make the big differences. Good on you.

Continue to enjoy the Phantom fun. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-4-1
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have had this error, happens when there is something in front of the P4 when it is powered up, like the handrail on my deck.
2016-4-2
Use props
waynekathy7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

I am new to drones, I have a Phantom 4 on order. Until the firmware issue is resolved is it OK to just put guards on the back  two motors?  I have been practicing with a Striker Spy Drone  ($50) toy. I find orientation a bit difficult compared to an RC helicopter. I thought blade guard on the rear might help with orientation. Also who has P4 guards available?
Thanks,
Wayne
2016-4-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That small imbalance in weight, may make two motors work harder to keep the drone level.

RedHotPoker
2016-4-2
Use props
waynekathy7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175492 ft
United States

RedHotPoker,
I figured it would create some imbalance. My little Striker has them. No broken props yet after 20 flights and a few close calls. My biggest problem seems to be finding Prop Guards for the P4.
2016-4-2
Use props
Damager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9052 ft
United States

waynekathy7@gma Posted at 2016-4-2 11:57
I am new to drones, I have a Phantom 4 on order. Until the firmware issue is resolved is it OK to ju ...

I think you'll be surprised how stable the P4 is compared to these cheap drones.  It is super stable.  
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules