Maintenace
933 6 2016-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Khan
lvl.1

Canada

Other than cleanings nod calibrating, can anyone tell me or direct me to a maintenance procedure. Like oiling the motor bearings etc..

Thanks
2016-3-31
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

motors are all sealed and should not be serviced.     other than cleaning by wiping down your p4 should not need anything maintained.     visual inspections should be conducted on a regular basis

After each flight, when i hook my batteries up to charge i check each motor lock for any signs of wear or cracking.    Props get inspected for any damage to leading edge hitting anything small while flying.  also with the props inspect inside them for any cracks or wear with in the locking hub.   spinning motors by hand to feel for any resistance with bearings or steps in them.   also i check the the walk on the motors, gently holding the exterior of the motor while checking if there is any up and down play on the motors.   you can compare all of the motors against each other to see if you are getting any premature wear in any of them.        checking screws to make sure none are backing out.   this is not done after every flight.  I checked all visible ones before first flight.  then after first few 10 minute flights while breaking in battery and just testing.   

main maintenance is visual inspection and making sure things arent coming loose or going to fall off.  
2016-3-31
Use props
Khan
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks quickpoint, appreciate the reply
2016-3-31
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

Khan Posted at 2016-3-31 13:00
Thanks quickpoint, appreciate the reply

No problem at all.  I know my procedures are a little excessive and over the top but safety is primary goal.    Regular inspections should be conducted to make sure your drone is flight worthy so it doesn't hurt anyone or get damaged.   On top of servicing your drone be very mindful of the weather.  If you have any wind advisories don't fly.    Always check the weather before flying!!!!  As well as Rth settings

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hope it could help you: 保养.JPG
More details here:http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/p ... nd%20Disclaimer.pdf
2016-3-31
Use props
Khan
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Paladin
2016-4-1
Use props
Elmer Fudd
lvl.4

United States

I blow out the motors every now and then with canned air.
2016-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules