Australian Commercial flight rules Changing!
1189 4 2016-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Good news for Australian flyers, as of late September we will be able to fly commercially without a pilot or operators license for drones under 2KG!

At first thought it was a a cruel April fools joke but appears to be on the level.

https://www.casa.gov.au/publicat ... ly-piloted-aircraft
2016-4-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Only about two years later than CASA said it would happen.
One would wonder why it is still going to take them another 6 months to get around to implementing this.
But when it happens this will be much appreciated.
Meantime I see CASA recently announced that 500 operators have gone and paid for the priviledge of commercial certification.
They're not going to be happy with the extra competition for the small amount of work that's out there.
2016-4-1
Use props
scarper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59272 ft
Australia

great news....not that i will make any money from my crappy videos . Certainly a step in the right direction though.
2016-4-1
Use props
Mike_fnq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5623 ft
Australia

As Labroides says it's been coming a long time!

From my understanding it reinforces and tweaks what is actually already in place.

Have a look at CASR 101.235
2016-4-2
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I heard last August they are considering this in Canada too, in the new year.  New year is 1/4 gone and nothing has been announced but if our regulators are like yours we need to wait another 3 months.
The new low weight class was a major reason I upgraded to a P4 instead of an Inspire.
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules