Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mb.ve
New
Flight distance : 511581 ft
  • >>>
Venezuela

Hello,

My understanding was, that the Phantom 3 Advanced and Inspire 1 had a dynamic home point setting which continually reset all 2 seconds the home point to the location of the r/c controller.  Which is a very important function when you fly "follow me".

My SAMSUNG Phone and Tablet has GPS enabled, but the dynamic home point of the Phantom 3 Advanced and Inspire 1 does not refresh/update automatically to the location of the r/c controller (Like it was before on the the Phantom 2 Vision plus). Updating manually is working but not  automatically.

My question is, does the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 has the capability to refresh automatically all 2 seconds to the location of the r/c controller?

If yes, what else I do have to enable or disable in the App "DJI GO" or Device?

Thank you in advanced.

2016-4-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

They do not refresh automatically, you have to manually reset the home point.
2016-4-3
Use props
slycy
lvl.1

United States

I got into this problem today and found this post by search. Sure would be nice to have an auto reset every x sec option to the controller, like the op states would be a very important function in the follow me mode, or my situation today - in a boat. Any loss of connection from a boat launch and your pretty screwed. But I guess your screwed anyway as the  RTH location is allowed to be within so many feet, or meters, which would be way bigger than most boats. Unless your on Carnival or something
2016-4-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

slycy Posted at 2016-4-24 15:14
I got into this problem today and found this post by search. Sure would be nice to have an auto rese ...

And Carnival will not let you fly from their ships.
2016-4-23
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

That is incorrect. You can either use a follow me mode if that is what you want, but if you actually want to set the home point to your phone, you just have to manually go int DJI GO menu, I think it's the first menu, with the image of a quad, and you set your home in there to your phone. It will tell you the distance of current home from the old home, and allow you to accept or not. It would be nice to do an auto home update, but then again, that would take away control in case of issues....  So I think both approaches have their shortfalls... Any how something like follow me, but applied only to home, with a good confirmation dialog when return home is invoked... that may not be a bad solution for this!
2016-4-23
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

slycy Posted at 2016-4-24 15:14
I got into this problem today and found this post by search. Sure would be nice to have an auto rese ...

" But I guess your screwed anyway as the  RTH location is allowed to be within so many feet, or meters, which would be way bigger than most boats. "

It's not quite like that.
When your Phantom is in RTH, you do not have to leave it to autoland.
Since you can see a lot better than your Phantom, you can probably choose a better landing spot yourself.
Learn to cancel RTH and resume control rather than feeling you must let it land for you.
2016-4-23
Use props
gtokarsk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Yes, I LOVE the ability to manually overwrite where it lands by taking control! also, it will land more or less at the home point, as long as when the RTH was initiated the aircraft was further than 20m away (67ft?)... I've tested it while walking around in the field, and worked flawlessly every time, although I did have to overwrite slightly a few times, due to a bit uneven terrain.
In the app u can reset the home pos as many times as u like, but it is a manual process and it will confirm every time that this is what you actually want.
GT
2016-4-25
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-4 13:01
They do not refresh automatically, you have to manually reset the homer point.

Do you know why they took this function away??
This option used exist on early DJI Pilot App for P3A/P (now renamed DJI Go). The DHP used to follow the smart/phone device with built in GPS with sufficient sats.

And I understand this option still exist in the Inspire as the Inspire remote has a built in GPS.
2016-4-25
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-4-26 15:12
This option used exist on early DJI Pilot App for P ...

"This option used exist on early DJI Pilot App for P3A/P "

It was a feature of the P2V+ but it has never been an option for the P3.
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-4-26 13:12
This option used exist on early DJI Pilot App for P ...

Follow me is still the same, when you go into the intelligent flight modes and choose Follow Me, it will follow your RC and GPS enabled device.
The Inspire RC has a GPS but that is not used for Follow Me.
2016-4-26
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-27 00:53
Follow me is still the same, when you go into the intelligent flight modes and choose Follow Me, i ...

Its not exactly the same.
Follow me is more a videoing technique where the craft will stay at a heading and at a nominated distance following your controller+device.
Dynamic home point is more for flying and then retrieving the craft by RTH. Eg. I am wearing my 1998 Jordan 6's in the wrong neighbourhood and I spot with my phantom that a bunch of hoodlums are in my six. I want to make a run and hide somewhere else and hit the RTH and GTFO. That's a bit far fetch... Ok... how about on a boat. If i launch from a boat an move to another location. If battery goes low, it will land in the water. And yes, i am aware of the set new home point option.

2016-4-26
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-26 19:20
"This option used exist on early DJI Pilot App for P3A/P "

It was a feature of the P2V+ but it ha ...

It has been available for the P3Adv and Pro. This was when the GO app was called DJI Pilot App.
https://fccid.io/pdf.php?id=2588758
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-4-27 08:33
Its not exactly the same.
Follow me is more a videoing technique where the craft will stay at a h ...

What I was saying is Follow Me is the same as it's always been.

2016-4-26
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-4-27 10:35
It has been available for the P3Adv and Pro. This was when the GO app was called DJI Pilot App.
ht ...

That's an interesting version of the first edition of the manual.
I have a copy labeled V1.0 and dated 2015.04 and it has no mention of dynamic home point.
I suspect the copy you attached is an early version that they quickly corrected.

Here are some users complaining that there was no dynamic home point and DJI-Ken giving a possible explanation   
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=29124
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=29127

For the P3 there has never been a true dynamic homepoint (which was available in the P2V+)
Back when they released the Pilot app for the P3 it would only reset home point to the current location of your device - just like it does now.
2016-4-26
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-4-27 11:08
That's an interesting version of the first edition of the manual.
I have a copy labeled V1.0 and d ...

Ahhh I see. So they did have it and deprecated on later releases because they were concerned about the device not picking up enough sats for accuracy.

I recall using it briefly on the Pilot app on my Adv back in Australian Winter last year. My device would sometimes pop up a warning and say not enough sats on device and warned me about accuracy on my device. And then one day, DJI took it away on a sneaky update.
2016-4-26
Use props
douger711
New

United States

My Phantom 3 Pro went down 30 yards short of it's home point on dry land a few ago. I was monitoring the flight on a Samsung Note 3 with sun at my back and glare made viewing the screen difficult but, everything was going well until the p3p started descending from 200ft well short of the hp into a row of trees. At this point I look at the sun drenched screen to see something flashing on & off but, with eyes trying to look up and down at the craft & screen things are happening way too fast.  My wife is yelling "Do Something!" at the very moment I hear the sound a weed wacker makes when chopping weeds. That's when I saw the p3p tumbling thru the trees on its way down to the ground. as I placed the remote on the ground I saw a red notice "failure" on the screen and rushed to retrieve the p3p.  
After speaking with DJI support I received an RMA to send the p3p in for service. If you have never gone thru the process it is much like being deposed in a lawsuit. You must give detailed information about how the craft was damaged, where it was damaged, what the conditions were at the time of crash etc. They want you to send the flight history from the DJI GO app and, you must follow ALL instructions to the tee or it could jeopardize the whole process and void it into a repair at your expense!  In my case, I couldn't accommodate them by sending flight history because I cannot access the log on page of the DJI GO app using my Samsung Note 3. That screen just flashes by whenever you try to click on it and everything re-sets back to the main page of the app.  NO ONE has an answer for me.  I plan to video the whole sequence and put it up on youtube.  Back to the RMA...One week after shipping via Fed Ex I received an email that my p3p was checked in. It could take 1-2 weeks for an answer. That news came on a Friday. At 5:23pm the following Monday I received an invoice for $285.00 that had to paid in 7days or my p3p would be shipped back unrepaired.  There was NO report as to why this wasn't covered under my warranty.  No explanation as to why the craft decided to land 30 yards short of the home point when a pushed the "return to home" as I stated in the detailed story I had to provide before getting the RMA.  No explanation as to why I cannot access my flight history thru the DJI GO app.  I did call customer service. I was told the repair tech did note the flight history showed that that the user..RESET...the home point while the craft was in flight.   As God as my witness...I DO NOT have a clue how to do that.  Just so I know I'm not losing my mind I too recorded my conversation with the customer service gentleman who, by the way was very professional and courteous.  I was expecting a very cold, unconcerned & uncaring waste of time based on the DJI invoice email. It was quite the opposite.  I've flown this craft maybe 6 times. since I got it as a gift for Christmas.  They've placed my case into a new "review" panel and will get back to me in 5-10 business days regarding warranty coverage.  I'll keep you posted.   
2016-5-24
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

douger711 Posted at 2016-5-25 06:40
My Phantom 3 Pro went down 30 yards short of it's home point on dry land a few ago. I was monitoring ...

If you want to understand what happened and learn from the experience, you can replay the flight record from the app or for a more detailed explanation, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

On an Android phone or tablet, the flight records are in Internal Storage/DJI/dji.pilot/FlightRecord
They are all txt files and the file name includes the date.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and there should be enough detail to see what really happened.
2016-5-24
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

douger711 Posted at 2016-5-25 04:40
My Phantom 3 Pro went down 30 yards short of it's home point on dry land a few ago. I was monitoring ...

I'm sorry for your crash. what is your ticket number and I can look into it.
Also, I do not know why you cannot sync your flight records.
Can you please get a quick video clip of trying to sync the flight records and I will be able to tell what you cannot sync the records.

From the home page, go to the ME icon and make sure you are logged in. The tap the equipment equipment icon and that will take you back to the home page. From there tap the paper airplane icon (top left) and then top right (cloud icon) and then sync your flight records.
2016-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules