Cops and Drones
1123 7 2016-4-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

The following article I found to be interesting in many ways.  The Sheriff Department of the county I live in here in California will try drones out for search and rescue. Here is the article:

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/press/admin16-0328.asp

And here is the company providing the drones:

https://sentera.com/

2016-4-6
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

It seems it is a good way to use the drones
2016-4-6
Use props
joeydints
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6929 ft

United States

total agree
2016-4-8
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

hope they have to get their 333 like everyone else!  maybe get some light shed on the FAA and cut down on delays.    or even better idea,   have faa put out realistic practical comercial laws
2016-4-8
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

quickpoint Posted at 2016-4-9 01:52
hope they have to get their 333 like everyone else!  maybe get some light shed on the FAA and cut do ...

They don't need a 333. They aren't charging for their service of search and rescue...
2016-4-8
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

FAS1 Posted at 2016-4-9 02:13
They don't need a 333. They aren't charging for their service of search and rescue...

not until you get the bill.   and who ever is flying it is getting paid.  using a drone for fun is about the only thing you can do with out a 333.    even putting drone video on a monetized you tube channel, makes that drone flight commercial.   

a farmer cant even "legally" fly a drone out to a field to check to see if it needs water without the 333 exemption and reg satisfied.  notice the "Legally"  just checking and looking without taking any pictures or video is technically commercial flying in eyes of FAA with "current" regulations.   or should i say very outdated......
2016-4-9
Use props
robert.oehler
lvl.1

China

I am currently in China heading back with my P4 next month.   China seems to be care free on registration funny enough.  I know I have to register the P4 when I get back to US Soil before flight but what is the 333?  Permission to operate for commercial use?  My wife owns a photography business I will be using the drone for profit. Does the 333 cover all that?
2016-4-9
Use props
FAS1
lvl.4

United States

robert.oehler Posted at 2016-4-9 06:10
I am currently in China heading back with my P4 next month.   China seems to be care free on registr ...

Yes. But you MUST have a licensed pilot operate the drone. You can't unless you are a licensed pilot. As of this writing, anyway.
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules