Phantom 3 Standard = RC Signal Issue after upgrade
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhaparth2006
New

India

Hi Guys,

So I had just bought my P3S and it flew well, with distances upto 500m without losing RC signal.
After returning home, I upgraded the firmware to 1.4.60 hoping for even better performance.

I have been getting poor RC signal since then. My phantom would go only 90-100 meters away and lose signal.
After much needed reading, I figured that the best way would be relinking the remote again.

I relinked the RC, no change.

After an hour of support from DJI online, the guy suggested to try downgrading the firmware.
I downgraded to 1.3.50 , relinked remote, and failed to reset wifi downlink (nothing would happen and the red-green light would blink on and on)

So after the downgrade, no change. Still stuck with poor range.

This has practically rendered my phantom useless.

It has come to my knowledge that there is a new update, 1.5.70, but once I do that, I wont have a chance to come back 1.3.50 if I ever want to. ( The recent thread about the update is not promising and hasnt solved the range issue)

I am in need of urgent help, and am actually quiet stressed as to what has happened.

If any of you could help out, it would be great.
2016-4-8
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

Having same issue. When I first got it did the first upgrade out of the box and flew for a few days got great distance. it said I had to  upgrade again so I did and after about two months still having problem. I am flying from same spot returns home take off again go different direction and returns home because of signal loss Good Luck!!!
2016-4-9
Use props
jhaparth2006
New

India

drtownson1105 Posted at 2016-4-9 16:51
Having same issue. When I first got it did the first upgrade out of the box and flew for a few days  ...

Aren't you disappointed with it?
2016-4-10
Use props
drtownson1105
lvl.1

United States

I was bragging on it so much for the first few days. Now I tell people they had better do their homework before they buy a standard. I did a upgrade on my remote putting one of the upgraded antennas. Had to do another upgrade on the firmware because of a micro card crash. so I thought that the problem was with the remote upgrade antenna. bought another new remote and now I still have the same issues. with the remote that came with the P3S and with the new remote. I looked and when I was getting the great distance was with the old firmware.
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules