Cache maps on I6S plus
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
New

United States

I plan to fly  my phantom 3 in an area I know to have poor cell reception and want to have maps. How do I load these or cache them before taking the trip out to this remote area?
2016-4-10
Use props
dhaiken
lvl.2

While connected to the Internet, open the map to the location you will be flying and scroll through the entire area you will be flying. Zoom in and out as well.
Make sure Cache Maps is turned on in the DJI Go settings.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

dhaiken@sitewar Posted at 2016-4-11 07:09
While connected to the Internet, open the map to the location you will be flying and scroll through  ...

Correct and here is the location :
后台缓存地图.PNG
2016-4-11
Use props
fredtoyou
New

United States

Just to confirm, i believe you mean the "maps" app on the iphone home screen. Thank you for the help.
2016-6-18
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

I thought I had the area map cached, by going to google maps at home, and opening the area I was going to fly, which has no cellular service.

But DJI GO app would not bring up the map; but when I switched to litchi, it had the map. All I had to do was to upload a waypoint mission in litchi from home.

Please consider adding a feature like Litchi, where I can upload a waypoint mission in DJI GO, and then DGI GO can cache the map of that area for sure.

I flew an area today but DJI GO had no map, so I was flying hoping that my home point was correct! but then litchi did have the map so I confirmed it.
2016-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules