Auto focus should refocus for every shot
944 6 2016-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zane_isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>

Seems inconvenient to have to tap the screen every time you want to refocus.  Every other camera on the planet autofocuses every shot when autofocus is on.  it would be awesome if you guys could add a button for this feature.
2016-4-15
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Handheld cameras autofocus when you depress the exposure button halfway.... not all the time.
If you use the focus assistant, you know what is in focus .....all of the time.
It is very reliable also...
2016-4-15
Use props
zane_isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>

Aeromirage Posted at 2016-4-16 09:35
Handheld cameras autofocus when you depress the exposure button halfway.... not all the time.
If you ...

I know how a camera works my friend.  The mere fact that the button will pass through the half way point activating the auto focus every time you press the button sort of invalidates your argument.   Not to mention that you missed the boat.  I'm not arguing logistics.  My original post still stands.
2016-4-17
Use props
richard
New

United States

Have you found a way to continuously focus?  I am shooting wake boarding videos behind a boat, the subject is ALWAYS MOVING!  From 20' to 100' in seconds!  I need a REAL AUTO FOCUS!
2016-7-13
Use props
bruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686916 ft
United States

richard@yhti.ne Posted at 2016-7-13 16:47
Have you found a way to continuously focus?  I am shooting wake boarding videos behind a boat, the s ...

Richard, what FStop are you shooting at.  Read about "hyperfocal" distance, but in simple terms, you can set your lens (depending on which one you are using, to have everything from 10' to infinity in perfect focus all the time without you ever having to refocus.  (That is assuming you are not wakboarding at midnight when its pretty dark out side.

My fav. lens is now the olympus 12mm.  @ F5.6 - 8 I can have everything > 10' always in focus in manual focus.

I for one, do NOT want the system to always run autofocus when I click the shutter (or, if DJI decides to add that, please make it an option.).  Notice how AF takes about a second while it hunts for the correct focus?  No thank you.  If I really want / need a video to stay in sharp focus as I go from far away to < 10' to the subject, I will have someone handle that on the 2nd remote (of, if I had too much money, would love the DJI remote focus thingamajig)

Bruce
2016-7-13
Use props
richard
New

United States

bruce@notalker. Posted at 2016-7-13 20:22
Richard, what FStop are you shooting at.  Read about "hyperfocal" distance, but in simple terms, y ...

I am using the Z5 and the OEM lens it came with.  After writing that i went out and played with it.  I find that if i set the lens to 5.6 everything was pretty much in focus at all times (as you said 10'-infinity).  I have not successfully taken a SHARP still yet though   All my stills are blurry, very disappointing,my phantom 4 took better stills.  I did not try a still at the 5.6 F-stop though, does it improve still capture as well?
2016-7-13
Use props
richard
New

United States

bruce@notalker. Posted at 2016-7-13 20:22
Richard, what FStop are you shooting at.  Read about "hyperfocal" distance, but in simple terms, y ...

So i ordered the Olympus 12mm, Polarized filter, and vented lens hood.  I will set to infinity and F8.  Where do you find the least distortion range of the 12mm?  I know from my experience with a Cannon 1DS Mark II, lens distortion CAN and DOES happen, sometimes worse at higher F-stops, sometimes lower.  Lenses have a (sweet spot)  If only i could attach an Cannon L Lens. (bigger motors, bigger props, bigger battery)  Oh look i shoulda bought a spreading wings S1000 ;)
2016-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules